Refrigerator Dryer for Turnig Blanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice Figures

New User
Sharon Barrett & Paula LaBelle
I read about this and have finally gotten around to getting an old fridge to try it. The one I got is a side by side, I know this might make it a bit more complicated but.....that's what I've got to work with. Has anyone made one of these? Can you tell me how to go about it, where, how many and what size holes do I need to dril, what size light bulb, fan, do you use a thermostat, will I need a separate set up for each side? Do they work well? Do I still need to wax my rough bowls?

Thanks,
Paula

Glennbear

Glenn
I have a deceased small freezer with a front opening door if anyone wants it, send me a PM. It is a cube measuring 26" per side. :wsmile:

Nice Figures

New User
I saw plans for a wood one similar to the one on the link but the one I saw had pulleys and rope on eye hooks so it could be lifted it up to the ceiling of the shop to keep it out of the way.
I've seen several versions of the refrigerator one but now I can't seem to find anything on the web. If anyone has plans or a link I'd appreciate it.

Paula

Nice Figures

New User
Thanks Glenn, I know I'd seen several articles on people making these. The refrigerator I got is actually a new one that was returned to the store and the service dept had used it to rob parts from. I paid them $20.00 for it and we were both happy, I got a refrigerator to try my project on and they didn't have to dispose of it :thumbs_up.

Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors