Recent commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Quite a while back I did a portrait for one of our members to commemorate someone dear to them for a very special achievement in their life. Recently the recipient of that piece contacted me in order to surprise someone who was instrumental in helping make that happen and holds a special place for them still . This one was not without it's challenges, but the client offered excellent input and ideas and eventually we had a piece we could both be proud of :mrgreen: I have their permission to post the original and the final piece
Original pic

jims_family.jpg

View image in gallery

Final piece

BB ply , #1 and #3 spiral , store bought frame

thanx for lookin :mrgreen:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I wondered why I hadn't heard from ya in a while. nice job bro!:icon_thum:icon_thum glad to see ya back on the saw.:icon_cheers

Glennbear

Glenn
You are indeed a rare artisan in that you produce wonderful work but do not fit the "temperamental" artist mold and you work with folks. :wsmile:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great work, Robert.

The likeness to the photo is truly remarkable. You definitely have the right touch at that scrollsaw!

Work for which you should be proud.:icon_thum:icon_thum

Thanks for sharing both the wonderful piece and photo.

Wayne

jerrye

New User
Jerry
I see you guys got it worked out. I know it will be well received. Good on ya Artist! :icon_thum:eusa_clap:icon_thum:eusa_clap:icon_thum:eusa_clap

cskipper

Cathy
Great job! I still need to learn to make a pattern from a photo. Several years ago a fellow scroller VERY slowly walked me through the process, but I didn't do enough to remember how.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
You are my hero and always will be.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Great work yet again. AND I have a new customer for you. My Aunt sent me a picture to have you work your magic. Give me a call.

Doug

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Most excellent as usual bro, keep it up. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS