Quarter Sawn Oak Sideboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody

New User
George
My latest project finally finished. Color matches existing table. (not as orange as appears)

Attachments

• IMG_1734-1.JPG
    IMG_1734-1.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1741-1.JPG
    IMG_1741-1.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 215

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Yep, George, I gotta give you at least:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum.
That is a beautiful sideboard. Great execution on your part...

Woody

New User
George
The flaking is all the way around. I sawed a 1/8 inch veneer and glued it to the sides. A small round over hides the glue line. The photo doesn't show the flaking very well. It has quite a bit over the entire piece.

sapwood

New User
Roger
George, that's a delightful piece of work. It just "looks right". Sometimes I think oak gives a sense of heaviness . . . but not your design :icon_thum

Roger

Steve W

New User
Steve
Man, oh, man, that is one nice piece of furniture, George!

I hope to make some A & C pieces in the future. If they look half as good as that one I will be proud!:eek:ccasion1

:kermit: Steve

woodArtz

New User
Bob
That is beautiful :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap! Sorry, but I won't be showing it to the LOML.. she'll want one ;-).

Great job!!!

gazzer

Gazzer
Corporate Member
Looks great. I'm working on a WO bed right now and am pondering how I will end up finishing it - so post the details please.

I did the 1/8" veneer on the flat side of the legs, too. It really works well, much better than I thought it would.

Thanks

-G

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
That looks great! I really like mission style furniture, and have a sideboard very similar to that in my dining room.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors