QS Sycamore & walnut coffee & end tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
John (Stoneskipper) has been designing a coffee and end tables for us. They are made from the QS sycamore we got from Jeff and walnut. Instead of using biscuit joinery they are tongue and grooved. The legs will be walnut, curved and mortise and tenon through the table top. The coffee table will have a long drawer and the end tables will have cabinets. The tops when finished pieces will be gently curved.

This picture is the center panel of the table top in the clamping station. It is QS sycamore.

This is the end table tops dry-fitted.

This is the table top dry-fitted with a bonus of a picture of one of our shop pets.

Last edited:

b4man

New User
Barbara
Very nice design! Beautiful contrast. I can't wait to see the finished tables. Could you explain more about the "curved" tops? I must be very slow this morning:eusa_doh:

cskipper

Cathy
The tops won't be square - the coffee table long sides will be be less curved than a complete oval, but not straight. The end table tops will have all 4 sides slightly curved. Did that explain it any better?

b4man

New User
Barbara
Got it! I told you I'm slow today, not that I'm ever quick:lol:
I also find the t&g interesting for the joinery. To me it's a good idea and it makes assembly fool proof!
John is the MAN!:eusa_danc

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
nice design!:icon_thum and i too like the clamping station.:eusa_clap

fred p

sapwood

New User
Roger
Retirement+Talent=good stuff

Can't wait to see how those tables "shape up". Keep us posted :)

Roger

J

jeff...

Wow really nice design, I like the walnut / sycamore contrast it's very classy.

Quick question - do you remember what your 5/4 QS sycamore clean up to thickness wise?

cskipper

Cathy
Wow really nice design, I like the walnut / sycamore contrast it's very classy.

Quick question - do you remember what your 5/4 QS sycamore clean up to thickness wise?

It dressed out at about 1". I didn't buy it for the tables, but how could I resist - it will be tough having to look at those every day, huh?

J

jeff...

It dressed out at about 1". I didn't buy it for the tables, but how could I resist - it will be tough having to look at those every day, huh?

Cathy I'm glad it dressed out to 1" that's what 5/4 should do :-D. Yeah real tough looking at those everyday. I notice your handsome dog laying there kind of under the table. That's my dogs favorite spot when I'm in the living room, he's just gotta be where I am. I'm glad to because last year he saved me with his alarm bark from getting bitten by a coiled up copperhead.

cskipper

Cathy
I couldn't resist getting him im the picture. He's been a wonderful member of our family. Wr've been blessed with him for about 12 years.

rhett

New User
rhett
Those will be a very nice set of tables when finished. Any compensation for wood movement?

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Beautiful wood, I like the color contrast and the design geometry. The clamping station looks pretty cool, too! :icon_thum

Keep the pics coming. :)

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS