[Problem-Main Site] Can't start new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Is anyone besides me having trouble starting a new thread this morning? I just tried to start a thread in the off topic forum. After typing it out and hitting the submit button everything seemed normal, but when I went to the home page, it didn't show up. I tried again and the same thing happened.

testuser

New User
Testy
Charles, this is steve signed on with the same "privilages" as you have, just in case, you premissions got messed up. I was able to post in the Off topic without a problem.

So let's fall back on the all the old reliables.

Do you get any message?
Reply to an existing thread in the Off Topic forum.
Try a a very short post.
Clear your cache?
Logout and then then login don't forget to check remember me.
try again with very short test posts.
You could post in Off Topic but could in Help Desk, try test threads in several other forums.

BTW, what OS and what Browser.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Steve, I don't know what happened. I tried twice and everything looked like usual. No error messages. I just started a short thread and it worked fine. The earlier one was pretty lengthy, but I wouldn't think that mattered. Oh well, all seems to be fine now. Thanks!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve, I don't know what happened. I tried twice and everything looked like usual. No error messages. I just started a short thread and it worked fine. The earlier one was pretty lengthy, but I wouldn't think that mattered. Oh well, all seems to be fine now. Thanks!
if it was lengthy and "Remember Me" wasn't checked that could do it. Also, there are a few Comm timing issues that will sometimes cause problems without an error message.

Everytime I have taken a long time to compose a message, I do a preview post first. if there is an error, you will still have you compose post to resubmit.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
You know this happened to me the other day I was trying to reply to a thread on purchasing a new saw hit the submit button and it was gone like the wind I ended up with a blank page just as if I was ready to start my reply. Strange isnt it.:dontknow:

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS