Posting pictures as attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Thought I would start a thread here to clarify any gray areas about moderating attachments.

I've gone through my two forums . . . back 30 days when threads are locked. Lots of attachments in Off Topic forum, but most seemed to pass the "one use" test. Mostly baby photos and natural disasters.

How far back do we need to go?
What else can I do?

:5help: Roger

sapwood

New User
Roger
I meet the "senior" request, but won't add to the confusion otherwise :rotflm:

However, there are several ways to see if a thread in a forum has attachments. Viewing threads from specific forums shows a Rating column with a "paper clip" icon if there is an attachment in the thread. If permission level permits, you can also "Select Threads with Attachment" from drop down menu on the right.

Roger

M

McRabbet

You need to have AdminCP permission to change the proper settings in Forum Manager and most of you do not have that. I just offered to do it for all of the Public Forums in a PM to SteveColes, Monty and DaveO -- I did it in a few minutes to my two Forums (Workshops and Safety & Health).

BTW, I do not think Stev wants us to got back and moderate all existing Attachments -- that would be too much of a chore. He just wants folks to change over to Gallery links to avoid double pictures and the other shortcomings of attachments.

I also volunteered to do a new FAQ on posting photos to threads as Monty's is a little dated (we have newer features now in PhotoPost that make it easier). I'll post here again when I hear back from any of them.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
You need to have AdminCP permission to change the proper settings in Forum Manager and most of you do not have that. I just offered to do it for all of the Public Forums in a PM to SteveColes, Monty and DaveO -- I did it in a few minutes to my two Forums (Workshops and Safety & Health).

BTW, I do not think Stev wants us to got back and moderate all existing Attachments -- that would be too much of a chore. He just wants folks to change over to Gallery links to avoid double pictures and the other shortcomings of attachments.

I also volunteered to do a new FAQ on posting photos to threads as Monty's is a little dated (we have newer features now in PhotoPost that make it easier). I'll post here again when I hear back from any of them.

Thanks Rob!

Wayne

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Thanks Rob! I went in and played earlier, but discovered the mods aren't allowed to make that change.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member

Consider, "heard back from" Yes and thanks.

Also no need to go back and moderate old threads just new ones.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Ok, I think my policy of allowing single use or contextual attachments is right one, but I think the mechanics of doing doing that way for the moderators and in addition to the poster who just don't read posts, I have done the following. I have disabled ALL attachments. This will be temporary until we get most people to understand what they have to do. Right now the moderation process will just confuse everyone.

We'll bring back attachments with moderation as soon as things settle down a bit.

We might as well and go ahead set the forums for the moderation since we started. Then it will be easier to turn back on later.

M

McRabbet

We'll bring back attachments with moderation as soon as things settle down a bit.

Ok, since you added that we will be moderating as soon as the dust clears, I'm going to go ahead as you said in your PM back to me and make the change to require moderation for attachments in all of the forums. I'll post back here when I'm done.

Note: It took me about 15 minutes to change all of the Categories and Public Forums. I did not change the Admin and Moderator Forums, nor the Archived Forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:icon_chee:eusa_clapThank You
Ok, since you added that we will be moderating as soon as the dust clears, I'm going to go ahead as you said in your PM back to me and make the change to require moderation for attachments in all of the forums. I'll post back here when I'm done.

Note: It took me about 15 minutes to change all of the Categories and Public Forums. I did not change the Admin and Moderator Forums, nor the Archived Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS