Pocket hole jig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I came across this item. It's made of aluminum, not plastic, $70, step drill bit included. Anyone have this particular item? The dual guide system looks intriguing, that's something I hadn't seen before.

96264.gif

It's rather heavy at 4 1/2lbs, but obviously meant to be mounted to a workbench. I have a Kreg mini jig for taking the tool to the work.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
For about $20 more, you can buy an A-2 from Kreg. It's solid aluminum, with hardened drill guides. I have had one for over 13 years now. Actually I have two, but one is modified so handle is in the front.

Glennbear

Glenn
I have no experience with the jig pictured however I have been giving my Kreg bench mounted jig a workout lately building shop storm windows and can highly recommend it. :icon_thum The Kreg bench mounted system IMHO is the only way to go particularly with the front mounted handle, dust collection attachment, and built in drill depth guides. :wsmile:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I do not think Kreg makes the A2 any longer. Might be a craigslist / ebay watch item.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Scott, I think you are right, I was looking and can't find the A2 anywhere. I have an A2 that I have been using over 15 years. I swallowed hard when I spent the $120 for it originally, but it has been an excellent acquisition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS