Plywood Target Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
A friend here in Hillsborough, NC is the inventor of the PhD flying Disc. www.livelovecatch.com.

He is looking for someone to mass produce a target board that can be used with the game. Looking for low cost, mass production. Fairly low level at first but may expand later. I know many of you are true custom woodworkers, but I thought someone might have contacts with companies that would be looking for this type of work.
-------------------------------------------

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showphoto.php?photo=38470&ppuser=1419

Attached is a photo of the Skitzeljinx board. The particulars are roughly:

2’ wide by 3’ tall – plywood can be 3/8ths inch if need be. .5 is better.

Center circular hole is 9 inches in diameter but if a square is cheaper and easier, I’m open to that.

All other rectangular slots are 3”x12”

Needs to be painted and the legs need to fold flat.

We’ll put the stickers on ourselves.

Our goal is to have this thing created and painted including materials for 12 bucks if at all possible. The intial orders would be somewhat light -10-20 a month, but thereafter, we hope to crank these out in pretty decent numbers several hundred a month or more. My understanding is that the CNC Router is the answer but if you have other thoughts, feel free to share.

------------------------------------------------

Let me know if you have any input or if you want to get in touch with Pat directly
Thanks,
Rick

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I may be wrong but I was in the sign business for twenty years and so have a rough idea about manufacturing.

I don't think you will find what you describe for $12.

2 x 3 is going to have a lot of waste from a 4x8 sheet, 24 x 32 -1/8 for saw blade would work better. Then you get 6 from a sheet and no waste.

Hardboard that is pre-finished will cut down on production costs and delivery time. Painting is a pain.

Square corners in the cut outs are a problem, rounded inside corners allow robotic router cutting. Laser cutting may be even less expensive if someone has the power to cut 1/2 inch material.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Thanks for the input Mike. I'll pass it on to Patrick. I think he has someone that is making a few prototypes for him but he needs someone to do more of a production run. Any idea on where he could find a production company that would have the laser capability?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Usually the equipment suppliers will keep a list of companies with capabilities and whether they do custom work. I would start there.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Someone could probably do small production runs at TechShop Durham using their robo-router (or whatever it's called).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS