Play Table for my kids (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Well, I started this over a month ago but it has sat idle since then ... until this past weekend. I started working on it again. It's main made with scraps found around the shop -- white oak, brazillian cherry, hickory (and who knows what else I'll use).

In the end it will be a table for my daughter and son to play on ... along with a couple chairs probably.

Figured I'd share the work in progress ... as maybe that will make me feel obligated to get it done!

So far I have the top down and am working on the legs today.

IMG_7736.JPG

IMG_1704.jpg

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Looks great Jeremy! What kind of clamps are those, they look really interesting....

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Looks great Jeremy! What kind of clamps are those, they look really interesting....

The clamps are pretty slick. They are actually from Woodcraft and you have to supply the piece of wood. They are great for panel glue-ups like this. They provide up/down pressure to keep the joints flat, and inward pressure to keep the joint tight. One of the better things I've purchased (and use often)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
The clamps look pretty slick, who are they made by? The progress on the table looks good as well.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Looks like a fun project. You get to play now and they get to play later!
Excellent start and I'm looking forward to your progress :icon_thum

Roger

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
One VERY classy play table there, Jeremy!:wsmile::wsmile:

Another heirloom for sure!:icon_thum

Please let us have a look when it is completed!

Wayne

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Exemplary effort, there, Jeremy. It looks a bit thin for a shoulder vise, so tell me: do the kids prefer holdfasts or bench dogs? :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS