Pie Safe for my niece

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCraig

New User
Jerry
My niece was over at our house with her dad a few weeks back and saw the pie safe that I had built for my wife. She ask me where I had bought it and my wife told her I had built it. She asked if I could build her one. That's when her dad jumped in the conversation and offered to go secure some wormy chestnut from a friend of his that lives in the mountains. The chestnut was about 100 years old and in very poor condition. I ended up scrapping most of it and barely had enough to finish it. Long story short, since my niece was married about 6 months ago, I offered to build it for her as another wedding present. Here is the results. Punching the tin took about as long as building the case. She wanted it finished natural.

DSCN0031.JPG

DSCN0030.JPG

DSCN0029.JPG

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Nice work :thumbup: I really like the looks of chestnut.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jerry, that is beautiful!

but it's empty (otherwise I'd be right over to help test it!):rotflm:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I built one for my wife......it's full, but no pies in it, just Christmas china. :(

Did you consider it defective yet? Once a item is considered defective it's taken back to the shop for repair so it can be fixed.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great work!!

Will be cherished for a long time I betcha.:icon_thum

Thanks for sharing.

Wayne

JCraig

New User
Jerry
Beautiful work. Did you put anything on the tin?

According to the company I bought the tin from, there is no need to put anything on it. I will not rust. The last two that I made, all have held up with no problem at all. One is over 4 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS