Phenolic material group buy.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Some of the discussions here have got me thinking about what we are actually talking about. It seems we are being offered solid phenolic sheets in various thicknesses but maybe it is just plywood with an outer layer of thin phenolic. I have already agreed to purchase 30 sq ft, but now curious as to exactly what I am buying. FYI, solid phenolic works well with carbide tooling - very similar to Corian

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Some of the discussions here have got me thinking about what we are actually talking about. It seems we are being offered solid phenolic sheets in various thicknesses but maybe it is just plywood with an outer layer of thin phenolic. I have already agreed to purchase 30 sq ft, but now curious as to exactly what I am buying. FYI, solid phenolic works well with carbide tooling - very similar to Corian

good point, I was thinking it was solid phenolic not with a plywood core. That could make a difference in peoples decision.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Phil,
Thanx for starting the conversation, if the phenolic is not solid my interest goes away completely. I'm only interested in the solid stuff based on my current projects. This stuff makes a #### of a router table top BTW. Made mine out of 1" stuff about 4 years ago and its bullitproof. Look forward to hearing what it actually is.
Greg B

Jeff

New User
Jeff
NO It is SOLID Phenolic material.

Thanks for clarifying that for all of us. I thought that we were talking about phenolic plywood and have been going in that direction. My zero clearance table saw inserts are UHMW and the same size insert in phenolic is $2x!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
There certainly is a good show of interest in the group buy, just 1 little problem, I have no contact information for Mr. Ron Lee, or Lee Craft. The phone number for Lee Craft that I was able to find is no longer in service, nor is there any contact information for Lee Craft. I'm hoping Charles will be able to provide updated information so I can proceed. Thank you all for your patience.

gritz

New User
Robert
There are options for purchasing Leecraft phenolic material on both Amazon and E-Bay. None seem to be direct from Leecraft.

There certainly is a good show of interest in the group buy, just 1 little problem, I have no contact information for Mr. Ron Lee, or Lee Craft. The phone number for Lee Craft that I was able to find is no longer in service, nor is there any contact information for Lee Craft. I'm hoping Charles will be able to provide updated information so I can proceed. Thank you all for your patience.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
When I started my search for Lee Craft, I couldn't find any way to contact them except by mail. So I sent an email to a vendor and shortly thereafter received a phone call from Ron Lee, the owner. It appears all his marketing and sales are through vendors. I now have personal communications with him that should prove very fruitful for NCWW members. They have been in business for over 25 years.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
As I understand it, Charlessenf knows or has dealt with this vendor, and has suggested we might make a group buy at very favorable prices. Right now there appears to be enough interest to suggest at least a $700 purchase. Next step is I will contact the vendor this week and get an idea of sizes and prices. I don't really see where driving my truck down there, or anyone else that will have to make an overnight trip, to be economically feasible compared to having it shipped to one location. I will explore the alternatives this week also. Thank you to each of you who responded. If we can make this work, I hope to have the material on hand at the Mid Winter Blahs Picnic coming up very quickly.

In my conversations with Ron Lee, in the over 25 years he has been in business, he has accumulated quite an inventory of phenolic sheet material, which he wholesales to vendors, and makes various saw inserts from. He has a large collections of sheets with odd colors, scratched, nicked, dented, cutoffs, inserts, etc. that he has offered to sell to me so I can bring it to NCWW folks at pennies on the dollar. I was told to bring my trailer and they would load it with material on a pallet. I have the pickup I can load material into also. The sizes and amounts are unknown, but what I will have available should be enough to satisfy all our needs. Everything will be available at the picnic.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
​A change in the schedule for picking up the phenolic sheets and saw inserts means the order cutoff date has been changed to February 15. Will have everything available for distribution at the picnic! Thank you!

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
​A change in the schedule for picking up the phenolic sheets and saw inserts means the order cutoff date has been changed to February 15. Will have everything available for distribution at the picnic! Thank you!

any distribution plans for those who can't attend the picnic?

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
As for saw plates/inserts, I can mail them to those who ordered them, but for the other materials, it will either be PE or possibly I could meet at a convenient place. Distribution will be worked out some way. As I will be paying Ron Lee a large sum of money, I will need to recoup the money quickly so I can pay back my HELOC for the loan. Mainly, I want to make sure everyone gets the material they requested. From my talks with Ron, there will be a lot of material from odd colored 5'x5' sheets, on down. He has done custom colors and orders over the years leaving a lot of unused stock. I should have a very large selection available at the Mid Winter Blahs Picnic, where the choice will be the greatest, except for the material already spoken for.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
As for saw plates/inserts, I can mail them to those who ordered them, but for the other materials, it will either be PE or possibly I could meet at a convenient place. Distribution will be worked out some way. As I will be paying Ron Lee a large sum of money, I will need to recoup the money quickly so I can pay back my HELOC for the loan. Mainly, I want to make sure everyone gets the material they requested. From my talks with Ron, there will be a lot of material from odd colored 5'x5' sheets, on down. He has done custom colors and orders over the years leaving a lot of unused stock. I should have a very large selection available at the Mid Winter Blahs Picnic, where the choice will be the greatest, except for the material already spoken for.

get me an address and I'll send cash or check as you wish. I'll include shipping. pm with details and we will get er done.:icon_thum I ordered 4 unisaw inserts

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
ditto what fredp said for three unisaw inserts.
and, thank you.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
get me an address and I'll send cash or check as you wish. I'll include shipping. pm with details and we will get er done.:icon_thum I ordered 4 unisaw inserts

Thanks Fred and Dee, but I will wait until I have the merchandise to deliver, but I really do appreciate your generous offers.

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
Bruce - first off thanks for coordinating this buy. The various threads regarding phenolic have let me a bit confused. Regarding the phenolic sheets - I orginally chimed in for about $50 worth so I'm wondering by now where I stand? Is there a list or are you simply going to purchase some amount and then offer it for sale? Sorry if I missed this in the various threads.

Rick

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Bruce - first off thanks for coordinating this buy. The various threads regarding phenolic have let me a bit confused. Regarding the phenolic sheets - I originally chimed in for about $50 worth so I'm wondering by now where I stand? Is there a list or are you simply going to purchase some amount and then offer it for sale? Sorry if I missed this in the various threads.

Rick

Thanks for asking Rick, that is a good question. I am making a blanket purchase of a warehouse clearance. What would be really great is if everyone who committed to buying phenolic material, would post the thickness(s) they are mostly desiring, that way I can try to get sheets marked with buyers names. The sizes right now are unknown to me, but I told Ron the main interest is in 1/2" materials. Because of the variety, cut offs, sheets with scratches and dings, odd colors no longer called for, it will be a varied lot. I can get 2 pallets on my trailer, and fill the back of my Colorado. I think the orders I've given him, for over 150 saw inserts may have overwhelmed his system, as I'm sure many will have to be cut. So just give me your thickness preferences folks so I vcan make sure you get what you want. Those who let me know will have a very good chance of getting what you request; after that, it will be take what you see.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Preference is 1/2 inch material.

My biggest concern is distribution to those who can't make picnic.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS