Phenolic material group buy.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I am not promising this will actually happen, but if we can put together enough orders, and a great price can be negotiated with the seller, it will happen.
To begin testing the waters, those who are interested please post how much you would be interested in purchasing. Remember there will have to be a slight surcharge to cover someone's gas and meals. I am looking to negotiate a price of $.15 per square inch or less. Thank you for your interest.

Last edited:

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
144 x .15 ?? Twenty dollars psf?

Why not use $pbf? Since he offers several thicknesses . . .

By the way, I think he retails the 3/8" stuff for less than $21.60psf NOPE $24.75 psf (incl shipping) See the Amazon link someone posted or LEECRAFT 3/8" Thick Phenolic Stock, Nominal 11" x 15", LEECRAFT# BK-6 by Leecraft Price: $29.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members

If you must order Quantity of existing pieces (cannot specify a specific length X width FOB Georgia, you might want to revise that $0.15 psi closer to five cents a square inch. IMHO

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I thought I saw it was selling for $25 for a 24 x 36 x .5 sheet, that is just over $4 per square foot for 1/2" stock. I am willing to buy 30 sq ft at $3 per sq ft

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I'm curious again and I've never seen a piece of phenolic faced baltic birch plywood. What will you all use of these various odd sized cutoffs for? Would you prefer 1/2", 5/8" or 3/4" thick for your use and the $/square foot will vary with the thickness I guess?

I've asked the Hardwood Store if they can special order a "sheet" but haven't heard from them.

Woodcraft sells 2' x 4' sheets in 1/2" and 3/4", $55 & $70 respectively.

Last edited:

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I am willing to jump on board, I wouldn't mind a 24" x 36" X 0.5"

Donn

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
This whole thing seems to have more questions than answers at this point but I'm in for $50

Rick

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I bought a piece of phenolic this morning at Woodcraft for $55 (6.88/sq ft, about $0.05/sq in). It's 2' w x 4' l. I have no intended use for it but am curious to see "phenolic" firsthand.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I'm in for $30. I am in Cary every work day, if any needs pony expressed for someone on the fence about this in Fayetteville area.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Do we have any idea what he has to sell? It would be a lot easier to drum up a list if I knew size limitations and thickness availability. If anybody is on the fence this stuff is the catz meow for building jigs. It machines really well and last forever. It is not balsa wood but it cuts fine.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Do we have any idea what he has to sell? It would be a lot easier to drum up a list if I knew size limitations and thickness availability. If anybody is on the fence this stuff is the catz meow for building jigs. It machines really well and last forever. It is not balsa wood but it cuts fine.

There is no inventory of sizes and thicknesses available and I doubt that there will be one. He's not a NCWW and I'm still puzzled why he's indirectly offering it for sale here. Maybe he tried CL in the Atlanta area and didn't get many buyers.

Last edited:

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
As I understand it, Charlessenf knows or has dealt with this vendor, and has suggested we might make a group buy at very favorable prices. Right now there appears to be enough interest to suggest at least a $700 purchase. Next step is I will contact the vendor this week and get an idea of sizes and prices. I don't really see where driving my truck down there, or anyone else that will have to make an overnight trip, to be economically feasible compared to having it shipped to one location. I will explore the alternatives this week also. Thank you to each of you who responded. If we can make this work, I hope to have the material on hand at the Mid Winter Blahs Picnic coming up very quickly.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
If you bothered to read the original thread you would know he is a former employer of charlessenf.
Yes, I "bothered" to read the entire original thread but missed it, or didn't remember this fairly minor fact in the overall point of the thread by Charles (charlessenf).
I (Charles) do NOT have the phenolic material. I was working with the company that makes things out of it and the owner made the offer I repeated here to return a favor he did for me.

Thanks for "bothering" to correct me! Mea culpa, mea culpa.

Last edited:

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Bruce,
I'm interested in some but not sure what yet. 1/2" and 3/4" in small sheets plus some 1/4" in usable sizes. If you find out any info as far as what he has please give me a shout.
Greg

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
"If you bothered to read the original thread you would know he is a former employer of charlessenf"

Geeze folks, take it easy. If you "missed it," (that the source is "a former employer of charlessenf) do not feel bad. The phrase "I was working with the company that makes things out of it . . ." does not indicate 'employment' as it did not say that I was 'working for,' but that I was 'working with' the source.

I might say that I'm working with Lowes to remodel my bath, right?

A distinction with a significant difference, no?

Isn't there an old quotation about remaining silent and being thought a fool?

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS