Phenolic coated plywood

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
I've seen several people use this for stuff like router table tops. Where would one acquire this stuff?

I did find one place that has it - never heard of the company before but they seem pretty big (~150 stores all over the country).
White Cap Construction Supply
In NC, they're in Raleigh, Charlotte and Willmington.
Is $50 for a 4x8x3/4 sheet a good price? It seems that this stuff is used for concrete forms...interesting...

Last edited:
T

toolferone

Woodcraft carry's 3/4" and 1/2". The panels are 2' x 4' and are $41 and $31 each. It is green colored (Woodcraft's color)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I used it for my router table, and it is a very slick surface. But I have found that over time it dents easily. I change my router bits on the table surface, and where the router rests has gotton many dents from changing bits and the downward force of the wrench. I will have to check out the place you linked, because it is very useful stuff....and that's a great price.
Dang, I drive right past them everyday. They're very close to Raleigh Hardwood Center.
Dave:)

Last edited:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
chris99z71 said:
I've seen several people use this for stuff like router table tops. Where would one acquire this stuff?

I did find one place that has it - never heard of the company before but they seem pretty big (~150 stores all over the country).
White Cap Construction Supply
In NC, they're in Raleigh, Charlotte and Willmington.
Is $50 for a 4x8x3/4 sheet a good price? It seems that this stuff is used for concrete forms...interesting...
That's a great price. If they sell single sheets, I would buy one.(Sorry Tom:lol: )If not maybe a group buy. Anyway I just contacted them to see if sell in single sheets. Let you know as soon as I hear.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
i would be interested in a sheet or 2. do keep us posted steve. maybe a group buy could net an even better price? lol

fred p

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
I would be interested in purchasing a partial 1/2 or 1/4 sheet if anyone else has thought about it but doesn't need the full sheet.
Cary / Apex or Raleigh area. Sounds like the ideal use being for all kinds of jigs. Fell free to send a private message.

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
They have one in Wilmington!! I don't have to drive 2hrs to Raliegh!:eusa_danc

Sully

New User
jay
Thanks for posting this. I've been looking for a place that sells this stuff cheaper than Woodcraft. Sounds like a good price and there's one in Richmond just a hop skip and a jump from where I work :eusa_danc and basically across the street from Grainger, who has decent prices on link belt and other stuff.

This stuff can be pretty nasty if it gets airborne so be sure to use your DC and breathing protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS