Pen turning in Charlotte (finished)(Pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

I am visiting some family I have not seen in 17 years next weekend I thought it would be cool to bring a couple of pens. With me on the road ALL the time, I won't be home before next weekend.

I am in town Sunday (10/4) with a little extra time until about 1pm. Any chance I could come buy and turn two pens. I have the wood but no kits. In a perfect worl you would have a slimline and a larger style kit extra laying around. I could pay you for the kits. I have my brothers car so I won't be driving the BIG Freud truck around town.

I hope this works out!

TIA :thumbs_up

Last edited by a moderator:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Re: HELP! Pen turning in Charlotte Sunday 10/4

Tom...anyone get in touch with you?

T

toolferone

Nope, not yet. 919. Two seven four 3508. Give me a call if you can help.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User

I'll give you a buzz shortly... I'm just getting out of bed... let me see what's going on around here.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User

Sounds like Tom will be at my place around 1pm... if anyone else wants to swing by, I'm open from 1pm - 3pm.

T

toolferone

Cool! Thanks everybody, this place rocks!

I will be stopping at Woodcraft on the way. You all let me know if you need me to pick up anything for you while I am there.

PChristy

New User
Phillip

Cool! Thanks everybody, this place rocks!

I will be stopping at Woodcraft on the way. You all let me know if you need me to pick up anything for you while I am there.

Let me see - an OSS, couple of bowl gouges 1/2" and 3/4 would be good - I need a 1/2 flat scraper - get me 2-3 lbs of the loose sand paper ranging from 120-400 grit - I would like some scroll saw blades ranging from 2/0 to #5 oh yea pick up the Dewalt SS while you are there - if I need anything else I get with ya:gar-La; just kidding -I guy can wish ya know - I hope you had a great time with Jeremy turning some pens

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User

Tom got a few pens down, and after one lesson seemed to MASTER the art of the CA finish. Had a good time. PeteM also stopped by to test out the drum sander and make small talk.

PChristy

New User
Phillip

Tom got a few pens down, and after one lesson seemed to MASTER the art of the CA finish. Had a good time. PeteM also stopped by to test out the drum sander and make small talk.

That is great Jeremy - glad to see NCWWers getting together and having a great time:icon_thum

T

toolferone

Well another North Carolina Woodworker helping hand. Sorry no group hug picture, but here is one of the finished pens. The pen on top does have a bad finish spot at the tip, bu the the bottom pen is fine, just bad lighting on the picture. Jeremy was very kind to let me use his shop today and didn't even ask me to clean up ( I was running late). I have tried the ca finish once before, but a Looong time ago. Jeremy had to fix my mistake on the first pen, but I did okay on the second one. The kits are euro and the wood is a piece of ebony I had thrown away in my truck. A customer noticed it and brought it to my attention. I had not looked hard at it and thought it was a stained piece of wood from a small display in the Freud truck I was not using.

Click to see them larger.

Anyway, thanks again!!!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice pens Tom. Another example of the NCWW family in action. :eusa_clap

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member

PeteM also stopped by to test out the drum sander and make small talk.

The 22" Jet did a great job on my 3/4" wide cherry edging :icon_thum

Thanks for the sanding and the "small talk".

Tom did a pretty good job on the pens. I think the biggest problem he had was getting in and out of his Miata!!! :wink_smil

p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS