Old growth mahogony from Central America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragtimeman

New User
John
Hello;

I recieved the Popular Woodworking newsletter yesterday, and there was an article about 200 year old, old growth mahogony from Central America being harvested from the river bottoms where 1/2 of it sank years ago. Does anyone know when it will be available, and who from?

I probably can't afford it anyway, but I'd just like to know.

John

M

McRabbet

The company doing the recovery/salvage is called Greener Logs, LLC and I suspect they will be the ones that will market it in the US as well after it is kiln dried. Some pretty interesting pictures on their website. As an aside, I've been in Belize (less that 18 months ago) and I swear I saw stacks of squared timbers like one of those pictures during a bus trip to a Mayan city site.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
The company doing the recovery/salvage is called Greener Logs, LLC and I suspect they will be the ones that will market it in the US as well after it is kiln dried. Some pretty interesting pictures on their website. As an aside, I've been in Belize (less that 18 months ago) and I swear I saw stacks of squared timbers like one of those pictures during a bus trip to a Mayan city site.
I'm amazed how square they saw those large cants with chainsaws.

http://www.greenerlogs.com/currentvintage.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors