Old Craftsman TS Fence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Guys and Gals,
I'm sure there are members who deal with or use older Craftsman Tools ,That is who I'm trying to reach.I have a Model 100 TS fence that is in great shape.I do not have any rails for it but if they can use the fence please get with me.I kept it after I sold my old saw many years ago and really have no reason to keep it any longer.If you know of anybody who restores old Craftsman iron tell thwm about it.If no takers it's going to the scrap yard.Thanx,
Greg

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
PM sent. I just Googled a model 100 and it looks an awful lot like my saw, which has a pretty lousy fence right now.

What I found on the net:

craftsman-1952-tablesaw.jpg

My saw:

HPIM0835.jpg

You can see my current fence there. No adjustment, just compression and it doesnt really fit the saw quite right, though once compressed it stays put. So I can saw accurately if I have it in the right spot when I tighten it, but that is hard to do with much precision. I actually have 2 sets of rails which are obviously for different fences.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
This is the clincher:

benchsaw.jpg

That's the fence that was originally on my saw. Not quite identical, but pretty darn close and should adjust more accurately than what I have now, which doesn't really fit quite right on top of not having the mcro adjustment feature. I will have to get a different rail, but they are available on the bay often for not too awful much.

In the spirit of paying it forward, once I get the fence (I posted looking for ponies) I will offer up my current one. It is actually for the Model 103.23834 8" Bench Saw:
http://www.owwm.com/pubs/222/1465.pdf
and I have the rail pictured in the manual (it isn't mounted in the picture because the fence doesn't fit quite right with it on). I guess I am offering it now if someone needs it, but I will wait until I get the one from Greg and have it functional before passing on my old one. But it can certainly be claimed in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS