Old craftsman table saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
Went by the Asheville Habitat Home Store today and saw a really old 10" table saw for $145. Don't know just how old, but the measurement scale appears to be "cast" into the metal. It has a fence and miter. Light rust, nothing heavy. Motor is mounted on the rear with a belt drive. It has an extension on the left side, cast with openings in it.

If you're into old tools and close by....check it out.

Brent

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Some of those older Craftsman tools were pretty good. One of my father's table saws was a Craftsman... I think from the 50s.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Some of those older Craftsman tools were pretty good. One of my father's table saws was a Craftsman... I think from the 50s.

I'll second that. The Craftsman tools of the 40's - mid 60's (103. model # prefix) were about as good as they come. This would make a great saw for someone who appreciated the "classics".

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Yup, even the little bench top back breakers (you really want a permanent place and wheels if you move it) were built to the same standards with a lot of the same inner workings, just smaller tables. I have a 9" benchtop that is limited in precision only by my ability to set it up properly (I have it set up okay; I just don't have all the toys to measure fine enough to get it perfect).

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
I have a 9" benchtop that is limited in precision only by my ability to set it up properly (I have it set up okay; I just don't have all the toys to measure fine enough to get it perfect).

Andy,

I can swing by w/ some of my calibration tools one evening if you'd like. Shoot me a PM.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Ya can't even mention a minor concer in passing without someone offering to help you fix it. :rolf:

Still more confirmation that this is the most awesome forum out there! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS