Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Thanks Rod, email sent. May be a good deal for a lot of us:gar-Bi

TracyP

Tracy
Got an immediate call from him. I am going to look at it after work. Will post on what I found this evening. He also has about 500 to 600 bf of air dried poplar.

TracyP

Tracy
This looks to be a good deal. approximately 600 - 700 bf of red oak lumber. cut during Hugo, kiln dried and stored in a barn type shed ever since. One end has been exposed to the weather a little due to a torn tarp. There are some cracks in the ends of the boards. Now for the deal.

I can't store that much lumber, If there is enough interest then I will get it and what you pay is what I pay. I am not interested in making any money off of it. I would like to have 100 bf or so. I need to hear from you tonight or tomorrow if possible. This will not last long. He also has about the same quantity of poplar.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Tracy,
what is the per bf price and how much don't you want.Also,what are the thickness'ssssss:elvis:.My finger hung up!

TracyP

Tracy
Tracy,
what is the per bf price and how much don't you want.Also,what are the thickness'ssssss:elvis:.My finger hung up!

I am figuring around 1.00 give or take a little depending on actual measurements. mostly 4/4, some 5/4 and 6/4

Rod

New User
Rod
Tracy,
It might be worth trying him at $400..with the cracks and all. He will probably take that. If not, I feel sure that he will counter around $450. That's approx $.75/bf (we are talking about BF, not LF aren't we?) if there are 600bf total.

If you can get $400, I will either by 25% for $100 or trade you for cedar....ooooh, now we're dealin' baby!!!!!!!:eusa_danc

I'll wait to hear form you. Good luck on your deal!!!!
Rod

TracyP

Tracy
I offered lower and he would not budge off of the price. It is mine, gotta pay him first, that comes tomorrow. There is the poplar there too, anyone interested in it? Dave'o, Jackleg, Woodman2k, Jim Will, And of course you Rod "after all you posted this" have replied and it is going fast. I will pick it up by this weekend. I have to get a good measure on what is there but for the ones that have replied I should have you covered.

Rod

New User
Rod
I offered lower and he would not budge off of the price. It is mine, gotta pay him first, that comes tomorrow. There is the poplar there too, anyone interested in it? Dave'o, Jackleg, Woodman2k, Jim Will, And of course you Rod "after all you posted this" have replied and it is going fast. I will pick it up by this weekend. I have to get a good measure on what is there but for the ones that have replied I should have you covered.

Tracy,
If there is a lot of interest in this, then I would be willing to give up my $100 worth of someone else wants it. I don't really "need" it...have plenty of oak already. If noone else wants it, then I'm still in for cash or cedar...whatever you want to do.
Thanks,
Rod

ps-By the way, once you pay for it, I will expect to see a full gloat with pics posted. I want to see some of the big pieces. Congrats!!! You Rock!!!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Cough... we'll have plenty of oak lumber here soon :)

Looking forward to it soon, as we all know dry wood doesn't grow on trees and we have to snap it up when we can. Anybody know where I can get a cheap storage building....I'm on a wood binge :tongue2::dsick:

Dave:)

Sawdud

New User
Chris Beasley
Great score Tracy! Gotta check craiglist more often. If there's any left I could use 50 - 100 bf. Just let me know. I work just down the street from you and could help with moving or loading even if its all spoken for. Be glad to help!:icon_thum

Chris

TracyP

Tracy
Great score Tracy! Gotta check craiglist more often. If there's any left I could use 50 - 100 bf. Just let me know. I work just down the street from you and could help with moving or loading even if its all spoken for. Be glad to help!:icon_thum

Chris

Thanks for the offer. I am going to get it this week or weekend, depends on work. Where do you work? you can send that in a pm if you prefer.

J

jeff...

Yeah, and I am getting some of that too. Gotta build a lumber storage shed soon.

Tracy - I usually take like one big load to Scott's to be kiln dried and have a lumber run out of that one load. I'm sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out how in the world I'm going to get at least 4000 BF over to Scott to be kiln dried. At an estimated 5lbs a board foot that's like atleast 10 tons or 20,000 lbs of lumber. I think I may have to make like 3 trips maybe 4 because I'm pretty sure there is more than 4000 BF out there.

We got Jim's trailer loaded to the gills and my trailer is being loaded as we take the lumber off the logs. It'll be full with a good 1500 BF by this weekend if the weather permits. That will put a little dent in the log piles out there.

Then there are still a lot trees in the woods left to buck and saw - we have not even made our way to the white oaks yet - they are still on the stumps. We have not been in the woods for a couple of weeks because I want to try and get some of the Red Oak logs sawed up while there are still fresh. The ones on the stump will hold their own for awhile longer since some of the leaner's still have green leaves. The tornado really did some damage out there at Jim's.

If there was one time I wished I had a 24' tandem axle flat bed dump truck - it's now.

I think I just might have to call up Reggie (JackLeg) with his dodge and trailer to come and move it all to Scott's for me :gar-La;

Thanks

TracyP

Tracy
Tracy - I usually take like one big load to Scott's to be kiln dried and have a lumber run out of that one load. I'm sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out how in the world I'm going to get at least 4000 BF over to Scott to be kiln dried. At an estimated 5lbs a board foot that's like atleast 10 tons or 20,000 lbs of lumber. I think I may have to make like 3 trips maybe 4 because I'm pretty sure there is more than 4000 BF out there.

We got Jim's trailer loaded to the gills and my trailer is being loaded as we take the lumber off the logs. It'll be full with a good 1500 BF by this weekend if the weather permits. That will put a little dent in the log piles out there.

Then there are still a lot trees in the woods left to buck and saw - we have not even made our way to the white oaks yet - they are still on the stumps. We have not been in the woods for a couple of weeks because I want to try and get some of the Red Oak logs sawed up while there are still fresh. The ones on the stump will hold their own for awhile longer since some of the leanes's still have green leaves. The tornado really did some damage out there at Jim's.

If there was one time I wished I had a 24' tandem axle flat bed dump truck - it's now.

I think I just might have to call up Reggie (JackLeg) with his dodge and trailer to come and move it all to Scott's for me :gar-La;

Thanks

That dodge will do it, we have seen pictures of it:rotflm:. Still thinking sometime around October for the lumber run? That gives me plenty of time to put up a shed to store it in. Wish I had the time off to come and [STRIKE]watch[/STRIKE], help you cut some of it up. I would love to see the mill in action.

J

jeff...

That dodge will do it, we have seen pictures of it:rotflm:. Still thinking sometime around October for the lumber run? That gives me plenty of time to put up a shed to store it in. Wish I had the time off to come and [STRIKE]watch[/STRIKE], help you cut some of it up. I would love to see the mill in action.

It's hard work dude - but I like it a lot you should see some of the QSRO that Jim is sawing of the logs. I talked him past his doubt about running the mill now he's the sawyer and I'm tailing and stacking - I might have cut like 3 or 4 boards this evening - Jim sawed the rest :gar-Bi

You noticed Reggie pulled his Ram Tough Load pictures out of his thread - didn't you? :rotflm:

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f64/ram-tough-load-14288/

TracyP

Tracy
It's hard work dude - but I like it a lot you should see some of the QSRO that Jim is sawing of the logs. I talked him past his doubt about running the mill now he's the sawyer and I'm tailing and stacking - I might have cut like 3 or 4 boards this evening - Jim sawed the rest :gar-Bi

You noticed Reggie pulled his Ram Tough Load pictures out of his thread - didn't you? :rotflm:

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f64/ram-tough-load-14288/

I wonder if that is due to changes in attachments?

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I'm picking up a load (1100 bf) this week at Ivey's. I'll try to post some pics. BUT, I've take jeff's advice about the "weigh man" and moved up a bit.

:wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS