Oak Kitchen Installed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Well after 2 months of waiting for the builder to catch up with me the kitchen is finally complete. Some of you saw some of the components in my shop when you came over for the gathering back in October. Just a little late here, but not at my fault. :lol: :lol:

The update is on the main hobby page of my site:

http://www.jsrwoodworking.com/mainhobby.html

Here are a couple quick pics.

Before the Crown Installation main wall of cabinets.

installedbeforecrownpic.jpg

My hard earned scribe. Some of you heard about this ordeal. I had to remove 3/8" in some areas. It came out good though.

installedfridgescrib.jpg

Blurry, but here is the crown installed.
installedcrownpic.jpg

installedcrowndetail.jpg

And of course my maker's mark inlayed into on of the main drawers.

installedmakersmark.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

John

Last edited:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I think it looks not tooooooo shaby! What are are yout hinking of doing for countertops? (Oh what would my LOL ask for after seeing this!!!!!!!!)

A hate to ask what it cost you. A few new shop toys I bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wayne

Monty

New User
Monty
Nice job - looks great! The hidden drawer slides left a nice spot to put that maker's mark! :icon_thum

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Fantastic job John.:icon_thum Those cabinets turned out really nice. I know you must be glad to have them out of your shop finally.

D L

woodguy1975

New User
John
Canuk said:
I think it looks not tooooooo shaby! What are are yout hinking of doing for countertops? (Oh what would my LOL ask for after seeing this!!!!!!!!)

A hate to ask what it cost you. A few new shop toys I bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wayne

Well this was a paying job so it didn't cost me anything personally. How much was materials and hardware? It cost about $2400 in materials and hardware to do the job. The countertops will be solid surface done by another guy. I just build and install the cabinets. The other guy has to deal with the crappy drywall job along that wall. I feel for him. One of the worst I've seen.

What did I get out of it. A few new toys and a little in the pocket. :eusa_whis The 3 spindle shaper, edge sander, and W&H molder were part of my profit. :)

woodguy1975

New User
John
D L Ames said:
Fantastic job John.:icon_thum Those cabinets turned out really nice. I know you must be glad to have them out of your shop finally.

D L

Definitely. I do't mind kitchen work, but storing for 2 months I do mind. :D

DaveO

New User
DaveO
John that came out awesome. I remember seeing just the face frames. It's hard to believe that they evolved into such a beautiful cabinet job. You've got a lot of talent (I like stating the obvious:lol: :lol: )

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
ALLLLLL Right!!!!!

I still think that the final result is outstanding!!! I had a Sears contractor do a refacing job that results come no where close to yours!!!!!

You definitely made the right desicion!!! (Do the work on your own!!!)

Great Work!!!!:-D :-D :-D

Wayne

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
The pictures prove it actually happened. As usual Great work John. As for the drywall i just don't understand why guys can't get it right. Guess its just the cheap labor.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Canuk said:
ALLLLLL Right!!!!!

I still think that the final result is outstanding!!! I had a Sears contractor do a refacing job that results come no where close to yours!!!!!

You definitely made the right desicion!!! (Do the work on your own!!!)

Great Work!!!!:-D :-D :-D

Wayne

I think I still lost you. :eusa_thin This was a job for a customer. This is not my kitchen, but thanks for the complements. I do a bit of professional work to pay for my shop. They did the right thing.... They came to me. :eyeslam:

Thanks,

John

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Oooops!

Another one of those senior moments! (I guess I was so in awe of your work.) Now I know who to call or recommend when someone wants some quality kitchen cabinet work done.

Wayne

cmartinson

New User
chad
woodguy1975 said:
Well this was a paying job so it didn't cost me anything personally. How much was materials and hardware? It cost about $2400 in materials and hardware to do the job. The countertops will be solid surface done by another guy. I just build and install the cabinets. The other guy has to deal with the crappy drywall job along that wall. I feel for him. One of the worst I've seen.

What did I get out of it. A few new toys and a little in the pocket. :eusa_whis The 3 spindle shaper, edge sander, and W&H molder were part of my profit. :)
Now, I'm not a drywaller by anymeans of the word, but it has been my experience that the framers have a large part in the condition of the walls. Nowadays, they don't teach guys to crown studs and use the straightest where it counst ie short wall and where there will be cabinets. This stuff might not be on their drawings but any guy who gets paid to run a job should be able to figure this out.:eusa_thin

Now that that's off my chest. Congrats on a great job.:eusa_clap

woodguy1975

New User
John
cmartinson said:
Now, I'm not a drywaller by anymeans of the word, but it has been my experience that the framers have a large part in the condition of the walls. Nowadays, they don't teach guys to crown studs and use the straightest where it counst ie short wall and where there will be cabinets. This stuff might not be on their drawings but any guy who gets paid to run a job should be able to figure this out.:eusa_thin

Now that that's off my chest. Congrats on a great job.:eusa_clap

You are dead on correct. In this case I acutally think the framers were responsible. The wave in the wall could only be caused by warped studs. It just the drywall is the finished surface so it is easy to blame them on everything. :) I doubt any of the framers around here have ever sighted a stud before constructing a wall.

It also could have been a little bit of a drying effect too on the studs. I the studs were a little wet when the wall was constructed such things can happen even when everyone is doing what they are supposed to. This just happened to be among the worst I've personally seen.

Thanks,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors