Now the 10 year old is getting saw time????

Status
Not open for further replies.

clawofthebear

New User
Tony
My son, Anthony, saw Janet(nightshade) and myself using the scroll saw and wanted to try. We helped him with the finishing, but he cut it himself. I'm proud of him, but that's one more to share the saw with....lol. Oh well, he could be listening to hip-hop and wearing his pants around his knees, guess it's a small price. I can't figure out how to put the picture up here, but Janet put it in her gallery.

DSCI0019.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

gator

George
Corporate Member
I think that this site is getting another 'Dark Side', 'Dark Side II'. More and more scrollers jumping in. Now a whole family of 'em. Good looking cat, Anthony. By the time you're 20 you will be a full fledged artist.

George

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Tony, the only solution is 3 saws!:tool: That way there's no waiting!! The family that saws together stays together.
Yep, we're just a bunch of enablers here...:gar-La;

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
My son cut out a fancy Cross when he was ten and entered it in the County Fair. I guess the judges thought his dad did it all. They didn't even place him. We looked at the winners and they were all junk, little glue together kits or really childish. His piece was the only real woodwork in his age group and even looked better than some of the adult pieces.

Well, it turned him off completely. I wish this site had been around then to encourage him, he would be doing amazing things now. As it is I am just starting to get him interested again.

Be careful with kids they are sensitive.

nightshade

New User
Janet
:qright5: Let the scroll battles begin...lol. It's not really as bad as Tony makes out. In fact, he's been hogging the saw during the day. He works nights so I just stay up late to cut:eek: So now I'm just sleepy all the time:mrgreen: I'm just excited to see Anthony doing something creative. He's always been the least creative of the group. But he's a great scroller. I've been trying to find simple patterns for him to work with. If any of you have any very easy begginer stuff to share I would be most appreciative. Just trying to keep the creative spark alive:eusa_danc

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I want to get my kids into scrolling also. I think it is one of the safer things they can do and it can be freeform. Right now, I would like to be able to do just anything, though. My garage is still jammed full of my late MIL's stuff and I barely have room to turn around. Can't make much dust, either...

cskipper

Cathy
:eusa_clap That's a great cat! Anthony, you did a really terrific job!!!! I'll look around for some patterns. Keep up the good work - seems like a natural talent to me. :icon_thum

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Great work Anthony:icon_thum - I wish that I could get my son and daughters interested in the woodworking - I think that I could get the oldest back into it if she had time in between working and running after her eighteen month old son :rotflm: plus she is expecting another - oh well maybe I will be around to teach my grandchildren a thing or two

Again Anthony great job - hang in there - sometimes you will get discouraged but don't give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS