New woodturner to the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
Hello everyone, My name is Johnny Roach from Pinetops NC. Ive been into making game calls for a few years. I just found the site. Its nice to see so many other local people that enjoy turning wood into art. I love to cut into a good piece of wood to see what inside.

As I said I mainly make duck, goose, turkey, deer calls. I also enjoy turning pens and an occasional bowl. Ive ventured into making a display box for a couple of my calls.

wrwilder

New User
Ray
Welcome to the site. You are going to really enjoy the abundance of info that you can get from this site.

Rob

New User
Rob
Welcome, I haven't done any game calls, but do like bowls, and am venturing into hollow forms.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site!:icon_thum

Hang out, post a bunch and enjoy a lot of really nice work by some of our own turners as well.

Don't forget to post some pictures of some of your work!

Wayne

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
Thanks for the warm welcome. Ive learned alot over the short time Ive been turning but there is soooooooo much more to learn about.

navy1990

New User
Matt
Johnny,

Welcome to the site. As a new woodturner, I know there is a TON of info and plenty of guys to help you on this site.

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
Welcome, Tommy...I mean NEIGHBOR!! I'm a relative noob turner, recently retired, and I live just down 42 in Old Sparta. We'll have to get together. I'm a short guy with a permanent lap so you'll probably need to come here, but I'm almost always in my shop/man cave. PM me if you want to get together.

Russ
Will Turn for Coffee

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
Thanks again everyone. I have a few turkey pot calls in the works right now and when I get them done I will show a couple pics. I got 6 of them sanded and a coat of oil on them today. Had a bubinga and spalted maple laminated call blow up on me. Its a shame too cause it sure was starting to look good.

Russ I would love to get with you sometime. I live just off of Hwy 43 towards Rocky mount. Not far from you at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors