New Wood Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Depending on how you look at it, I either had an unfortunate situation or an enviable problem: more wood than I had room to store. The options were to either get rid of some of the wood, :nah: or find more storage room. Naturally, being the self-respecting wood hoarder that I am, I chose the second option. :wink_smil And here it is, my new wood shed.

IMG_1551.JPG

View image in gallery

If you want to see more pics of the wood shed, they're in the gallery. They include pics of the three stacks of wood I moved into the shed.

It's 10' wide by 12' deep and just over 8' high inside. I had a concrete pad poured on the back of an existing shed, and did the rest of the work myself. It ain't fancy, but it's enclosed on three sides and covered, so it should keep the wood dry. There are 2x2 pressure treated stickers laying on the concrete to keep the good wood from ever touching the concrete, just in case we get a blowing rain and the floor gets wet.

The open area in the middle is for the mower. I still need to build a ramp to drive it in.

Bill

T

toolferone

The lawn mower belongs in its own shed, not in the beautiful stack of wood you have!

Glennbear

Glenn
Nicely done Bill:icon_thum, I have finally conceded that I have to add an addition to the shop for wood storage to free up some space myself. That will be a spring project. :wsmile:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
As the old proverbial T-Shirt read,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

got wood ?

What a stash, Bill!

That building sure looks nicely organized and very well stocked. I would be set for many, many month with quantities like this.:icon_thum

Well done!

Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Wow Bill! That's an incredible amount of wood! :eek: But you mean to tell me in that WHOLE barn you couldn't find a place for it? :gar-La;

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Bless your heart!
Poor man I ought to have such troubles....
Oh wait, I do.
We're waiting til Spring but looks like we got to build a shop wood shed too. We got logs piled up in the shop, stuck under the (fire) wood shed, and more standing waiting to be felled. Life's good
I know I'm losing some turning wood to splits but we got some painted and the rest, well it was just too much at once , feast or famine.
Man did I laugh Saturday. I toted a box of wood to start fires with up from the shop and loml went through it saying we can make a sign out of this, I can turn that, why is this here....
Good stuff if I DO say so myself! Hard to argue with the boss

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I hope you do not have one of those :BangHead: moments.....when the wood you need is not to be found in those stacks. :rotflm:

JCraig

New User
Jerry
Hey Bill!

With enough incentive, I might be traded out of a #2. Course, I'd have to check with Kevin (RCFlyer23) First:gar-Bi

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Great wood shed! But its full already! I have the same problem--built a 24x32 pole building to store tractors and lumber, and it was full before I could get the sides on. Time to expand! Again.:saw:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I think I will have to build the wood shed before the shop.

Mind if I copy your design?

Design: What design? I built this like most of my furniture projects. A rough idea in my head, then each step fed off the results of the previous step. :rotflm: I'm always pleasantly surprised when it actually comes together. :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS