New User From Charlotte

TomInNC

Tom
User
Hi everyone. I've been lurking on here for a while, but never got around to posting an introduction. I live a little outside of Charlotte. I started tinkering with woodworking -- mostly outdoor carpentry projects -- several years ago. During the covid lockdown I decided to finally get around to building a shop and learning to cut some joinery. Since I don't have time to take classes, sites like this one have been a real godsend for learning about the craft.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I too am self educated. The old pro's here can help you not learn as many bad habit's as I have.

Oka

Board of Directors, Vice President
Casey
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum ........ used to live in Mooresville

Hmerkle

Hank
Corporate Member
Welcome Tom,
We are glad you found us.
As you point out, you can learn a lot here from some VERY smart and skilled people!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome Tom, and I agree with Hank, there are some very talented and smart people here, and there are a very small number of folks like myself, that just blunder their way through the day; don't pay any attention to we'uns, cause we ain't got a clue as to what's going on.......
:oops::rolleyes:;)

Hmerkle

Hank
Corporate Member
Welcome Tom, and I agree with Hank, there are some very talented and smart people here, and there are a very small number of folks like myself, that just blunder their way through the day; don't pay any attention to we'uns, cause we ain't got a clue as to what's going on.......
:oops::rolleyes:;)
See Tom - the above comment from a talented woodworker and scroller (and generally a GREAT person to know) IS one of those members I mentioned...

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Tom, welcome to NCWW. I have yet to see a woodworking question that couldn't be answered by the many fine members.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Tom! I am not too far from you, I live in the Derita area of North Charlotte.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
welcome to the sawdust pile Tom. Lots of knowledge floating around here

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS