New User From Charlotte

TomInNC

New User
Tom
Hi everyone. I've been lurking on here for a while, but never got around to posting an introduction. I live a little outside of Charlotte. I started tinkering with woodworking -- mostly outdoor carpentry projects -- several years ago. During the covid lockdown I decided to finally get around to building a shop and learning to cut some joinery. Since I don't have time to take classes, sites like this one have been a real godsend for learning about the craft.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I too am self educated. The old pro's here can help you not learn as many bad habit's as I have.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Tom,
We are glad you found us.
As you point out, you can learn a lot here from some VERY smart and skilled people!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome Tom, and I agree with Hank, there are some very talented and smart people here, and there are a very small number of folks like myself, that just blunder their way through the day; don't pay any attention to we'uns, cause we ain't got a clue as to what's going on.......
:oops::rolleyes:;)

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Tom, and I agree with Hank, there are some very talented and smart people here, and there are a very small number of folks like myself, that just blunder their way through the day; don't pay any attention to we'uns, cause we ain't got a clue as to what's going on.......
:oops::rolleyes:;)
See Tom - the above comment from a talented woodworker and scroller (and generally a GREAT person to know) IS one of those members I mentioned...

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Tom, welcome to NCWW. I have yet to see a woodworking question that couldn't be answered by the many fine members.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Tom! I am not too far from you, I live in the Derita area of North Charlotte.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
welcome to the sawdust pile Tom. Lots of knowledge floating around here

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS