New to the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDN_Maple

New User
ETN
Hi everyone! I came across this site in search of cabinet grade plywood available locally. It is great - being able to interact with other wood workers in NC!

I have been wood working for about 20 years now, but only on the weekends. It was a passion that started back in high school. With a few more years dedicated to Uncle Sam, we will relocate (still in NC) and I can have a bigger shop to enjoy my hobby all day long. I have had the chance to sell a couple pieces and like the thought of doing something I love to supplement an income.

I build mostly furniture, indoor or outdoor, and have been wanting to learn how to turn. I recently tried my hand at my first cabinets. They were hung in the laundry room and my wife is pretty happy.

Thanks for sharing all the great info. Keep it up!

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Welcome to the group ETN! Glad you decided to join us. We can definitely help you get started turning. :icon_thum I hope you can come to the picnic next weekend, so you can join the fun and meet your woodworking "neighbors" face to face. :gar-Bi

Just curious, ETN... is that short for Etienne. Reason I ask is I had a friend in Louisiana who used to use that same shorthand for his name.

Bob

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the best pile of sawdust in the Universe! Glad you could join us and hope you can join us at the Picnic next week. And don't forget to buy your Drawing Tickets ASAP so you can add to your toyl collection!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site ETN. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap You've definitely stumbled upon the coolest sawdust pile on the net. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up I would highly recommend coming to the picnic next weekend. It's going to be a great time. :eek:ccasion1

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to NC and this great site, ETN. I gather from one of your other post you were recently in Alaska. And judging by your location, I'm guessing you're stationed at either Bragg or Pope. Either way, as someone else said, we appreciate your service to our country. Thank You!!

But in all fairness to your wallet, I must warn you: turning can be very addictive. :gar-La; You'll find no shortage of excellent turners on this site willing to help you. They can always recommend which lathe or tool you should buy next. One lathe is never enough. :nah:

Seriously, welcome, and hope to meet you at the picnic next Saturday.

Bill Clemmons

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, ETN!!!!!!!:eusa_danc

1st off, I like your choice of wood in your user name.

Lot's of fun and trading of great woodworking advice right here at your fingertips. Enjoy the site, post often and by means post some pictures of your work for us see.:wsmile:

Wayne

CDN_Maple

New User
ETN
Welcome to the group ETN! Glad you decided to join us. We can definitely help you get started turning. :icon_thum I hope you can come to the picnic next weekend, so you can join the fun and meet your woodworking "neighbors" face to face. :gar-Bi

Just curious, ETN... is that short for Etienne. Reason I ask is I had a friend in Louisiana who used to use that same shorthand for his name.

Bob

Yes it is short for Etienne. That is funny that someone from Louisiana would use the same short hand.

Rob

New User
Rob
Welcome ETN. If your willing to come to Sanford, I would be glad to get you started turning. Though I may not be much of a teacher.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Hey welcome there ETN, glad you found us.
There are a couple of other members close to you there in Raeford. I'm about 1/2 hour from you depending on traffic.

MAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors