New to the site. Tools need to find good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallshop

New User
Matt
Hello this is my first post to any site, let alone this one. I have just started woodworking again. I used to help my father make wooden toys and I have made some small furniture projects before.
My father got me some old Crafstman tools that I can't use. I want to find them a good home. It would be a shame to toss them in the garbage. They are mid 50s era tools. I have a 6in planer, jig saw, 6in jointer, 8in(?) table saw, lathe, a small band saw and some moters. ALthough I have never run them they seem to be in working condition. I also have the original instructins for many of them. If anybody is intersted in obtaning these tools, let me know.
Thanks and looking forward being on the site more often

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
WELCOME TO THE SITE SMALLSHOP.JUST HANG IN THERE SOMEONE WILL BITE. THIS IS THE FIRST SITE I EVER POSTED IN MYSELF.AND YOUR IN A GOOD LOWCAL TOO.THERE ARE A LOT OF NCWW AROUND THE TRIANGLE. I MYSELF WOULDN'T MIND SEEING SOME PIX OF THE TOOLS.:saw:

smallshop

New User
Matt
Thanks Mike,
Your right. I wan't even thinking of a particular price. A good home is more important. I will think of a price though and post a soon as I decide.
Matt

MikeH

New User
Mike
Hello this is my first post to any site, let alone this one. I have just started woodworking again. I used to help my father make wooden toys and I have made some small furniture projects before.
My father got me some old Crafstman tools that I can't use. I want to find them a good home. It would be a shame to toss them in the garbage. They are mid 50s era tools. I have a 6in planer, jig saw, 6in jointer, 8in(?) table saw, lathe, a small band saw and some moters. ALthough I have never run them they seem to be in working condition. I also have the original instructins for many of them. If anybody is intersted in obtaning these tools, let me know.
Thanks and looking forward being on the site more often

Welcome to the site Matt! Robert is right. You are in a great location and there are quite a few NCWW's in your area. I would possibly be interested in a few things once you've posted pricing. Mainly the planer and jointer.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
matt, we have an easy to use photo gallery, too. so you don't have to worry about trying to attach photo's from your home computer, or emailing them to anyone. off to find the link to the tutorial for you .... ok, for whatever reason, I can't find it now. I am sure someone will point you in the right direction. welcome to the forum!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I looked right past the FAQ's. Sheeesh! thanks, Matt, go there, and you will be a picture posting master in a matter of minutes.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Matt! Glad you joined us :icon_thum
NCWWer is a great resource for woodworkers. You'll find plenty of info available and knowledgeable folks to answer questions. Of course, we hope to learn something from you too :)

And yes, we're always interested in tools for sale!

Roger

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to the site. You will find lots of knowledge and willingness to share. You are also in a good area for meeting members.

R

rickc

Welcome to the site! I would be remiss if I didn't point out there is a good woodworking club, the Triangle Woodworkers Association that meets monthly in our area. You just missed the January meeting that was held last night. However the club has excellent programs and very reasonably priced workshops throughout the year. Some of the weekend long workshops run $50 - $75 and are the same you would pay 10 times that amount for at a woodworking school led by the same person. Check out the website and upcoming programs here.

You are welcome to drop by for a visit at any meeting. The next one will be held on Friday, February 23rd. It will cover furniture repair and restoration. With an accompanying workshop.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Welcome aboard Matt!!

This site is a combination of a great bunch of good folks with a lot of knowledge and guys like me who pick their brains!! :lol: :lol:

I look forward to seeing your tool pics.

Chuck

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Matt, sent you a PM . I'm very interested in the 6" planer. Can't come over on Sat. as I will be at a TWA workshop on building handplanes. Bruce Wrenn 362-0878

smallshop

New User
Matt
Here are a couple of photos of the planer and table saw. I do have more photos if people want to see them. Leave me a message and I will email them to you. I would like the lot to go together. I am willing to break them up if nec. I was thinking $300 for the lot but will consider best offer. Thanks for looking.
Matt

Attachments

• IMG_0265.JPG
    IMG_0265.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0270.JPG
    IMG_0270.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors