New to North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Jeff'

It's probably from Lambeau field, if ya gotta ask then ya wouldn't understand.

Jimmy

Smile - actually I transplanted here to NC from northern IL, and lived a good number of years all of about 1 mile from the WI line. Of course it was rare we actually strayed over the line into WI, being labeled a FIP and all.

When I lived up there, WI had some of the strangest highway signs you every seen in you life, many of them are so full of bullet holes they are unreadable. I think in WI it might be an acceptable practice to use the street and highway signs for target practice? But it sure made it hard for a FIP to find his way around.

Thanks

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
And Larry, just in case you make it to the BBQ, listen up for "widji-didji." It'll be used as in "You didn't bring your wife widji-didji?"

oderus1671

New User
chris
welcome aboard, and that canoe is first rate work! I work in building boats as my full time job, but our boats are 68' Sportfishers!;-)
Im curious, did you build it from a kit? Ive seen these kits online for sale but can never get enough guts up (or the misses permission:BangHead:)to order one... We are gonna be moving in about 2 months, so maybe in the new place I will have a shop setup! Keep the pics coming, as we'd all love to see some more!

lnelson

New User
Larry
So we both work on boats, just on a different scale. I know that there are kits available. All I bought was a plan for the molds, everything else I did myself including cutting the stips and doing a bead/cove on each side. The place I got the plans from was Newfound woodworks and they were pretty good to deal with. They offer kits and you can also but the strips from them but it cost about $500!!
I bought enought cedar for three kanoes up in the UP of Michigan and it cost me $100. A time vs money situation. Good luck if you decide to build one!

Larry

Hardcharger14

New User
Steve
Welcome to High Point. I live on the Davidson County side. If you need tools to cut the blanks for your paddles, I can help you out. Only McCloy in the HP directory. Give me a call. Steve Mc

lnelson

New User
Larry
Thanks much for the offer, I may take you up on it. The paddles are built up other than the handle sections and it is a lot easier to cut these with a bandsaw than by hand. I appreciate the offer.

Regards,

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS