new to NC New to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillypepper

New User
steve
I found the forum by accident yesterday, spent the last day lurking around taking it all in. What great stuff! My wood background started with hardwood flooring, I spent 10 years traveling the country doing installations in shopping malls, and high dollar houses, before the big meltdown. then went back to my first trade as a welder. I also filled some gaps with construction of different types and worked in a few cabinet shops along the way.
I've always had a passion for firearms of all types and while I spent some time in a V.A. hospital, I taught myself checkering. I've have since started a (very) small-time side business doing just that, and have enjoyed every bit of it. I'm hoping for the chance to learn more about wood and woodworking.

Deeptree

New User
William
Welcome aboard! I am a newbie here myself, and I can tell you that all of these guys are amazingly helpful. The gods of woodworking smile upon this place.

William

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Steve!!!

You have already enlightened me. Didn't have one clue as to what "checkering" was until I Googled it.:embaresse Now that is a really cool way to dress up a gunstock!!!!

Hope you enjoy your time here. Post often and by all means show us some sample pictures of your gunstock checkering.

Have fun and stay safe around those power tools.

Wayne

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome Steve...you have quite the background...you will be teaching us....as always we love pics

chillypepper

New User
steve
thanks for the warm welcome! hope to share some of work with you. I'm still gleaming in some of every bodies previous work.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome to our sawdust pile Steve. My father checkered gun stocks many years ago. I was fascinated by his handiwork--it is another art. You have some NCWW neighbors in that area. Check out Scott Miller just down the road in Littleton--he might even buy the coffee!:gar-Bi

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome to our piece of WWing heaven, Steve. I'm not too far away in Macon. As mentioned there are several members close by.
Would love to see some of your checkering. I've got a plain-Jane 10-22 that could use some dressing up!
Enjoy the site. It is a wealth of information and more importantly, friendly folks.:icon_thum

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Steve. I am just 20 minutes way on the north side of Lake Gaston. Shop visitors are always welcome.

cheryllewis

New User
cheryl
I found the forum by accident yesterday, spent the last day lurking around taking it all in. What great stuff! My wood background started with hardwood flooring, I spent 10 years traveling the country doing installations in shopping malls, and high dollar houses, before the big meltdown. then went back to my first trade as a welder. I also filled some gaps with construction of different types and worked in a few cabinet shops along the way.
I've always had a passion for firearms of all types and while I spent some time in a V.A. hospital, I taught myself checkering. I've have since started a (very) small-time side business doing just that, and have enjoyed every bit of it. I'm hoping for the chance to learn more about wood and woodworking.
Happy Woodworking! Come see us at The HArdwood Store of NC, Inc.

Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS