New Table Concept - "The Ballerina" Complete with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Nice job Mike! I expect nothing less from you! I'm going to have to try something with that pattern, I've always liked it.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I've been following progress of this table for quite some time now.
It's the details that make it something special.
Like getting the right profile on the table edge,
the perfect curve on the legs,
and insetting the round thing on the bottom.

All in all . . .
Not a bad job for a rookie ;)

pete

rsaucedo

New User
Ras
Hi Shamrock,

I saw your table today. It is really, REALLY nice. That top is so smooth you can't feel a thing under the lacquer and the shape is superb. It was a treat see it! :)

Ras

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
Wonderful design and execution, Mike! I'd like to know how the "feet" of contrasting wood at the base of the legs are attached. Dowels before or after roughing out the shape on the bandsaw?

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Dan-
The feet are attached sort of in between full cut out on the bandsaw and being rough. The reason you have to partially cut out some of the design is so you can get parallel clamping force. From time to time I've actually had to glue on a scrap piece to give my clamp the right parallel clamping surface. It's a little tricky but worth it in the end. Hope that answers your question.

Wonderful design and execution, Mike! I'd like to know how the "feet" of contrasting wood at the base of the legs are attached. Dowels before or after roughing out the shape on the bandsaw?

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
wonderful work, I like that very much.
Regards, Richard

stave

New User
stave
Elegant work from top to bottom! Really think the tip toe idea came through and I like the added touch on the bottom of the legs.

Stave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS