New shop resident

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrytis

New User
Eric
As the weather has started to cool, i've noticed an increase in large spiders in the shop. Yesterday i had my annual termite inspection, and the inspector said he found the largest black widow spider he had ever seen in the corner of my shop/garage. He came back this morning to try to spray it since he was concerned about it hurting pets or children, but wasn't able to find it. Hopefully some of the spray residual gets it. I'm going to be careful when i pick things up in that area though!

I used to be nice to spiders with the live and let live policy, but the shop is now off limits to spiders! I'm not used to the poisonous creapy crawly things in NC.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I have had a few big spiders in the shop. They are immediately dispatched upon recognition. I hate the things.

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Me too!!!!! I am thinking about getting one of those devices that emit sounds to get rid of spiders, mice, etc. I found one on the internet for about $40 bucks. I know that is rather expensive, but it would be worth it if it gets rid of those blamed spider webs that collect dust.
Jim in Mayberry

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
If you get one let us know how it works. I know I would pay the $40 so that my son doesn't get bit.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
I used to be nice to spiders with the live and let live policy, but the shop is now off limits to spiders! I'm not used to the poisonous creapy crawly things in NC.

New Rule!

You do not have to be nice to spiders in the shop. especially the poisonous kind. :gar-La;. I have spent very little time in the shop this fall but I am sure theres one or two there.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Do some research on the noise emitting devices. I was ready to jump on one and read the reviews. Waste of time and money!!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Me too!!!!! I am thinking about getting one of those devices that emit sounds to get rid of spiders, mice, etc.
Hmmm, another good way to justify that new jointer/ wide belt sander/ router: "But honey, it will keep our house safe from black widow spiders! How much is the health of our child/ pet/ mother-in-law worth to you?"

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I dont worry bout them.:nah: I read somewhere that the black widdow only kills her mate and only then after the deal is done.:swoon: so long as you dont mate with her you are safe!:rotflm:

R

rickc

Fred - that conjures all sorts of images! What do you do - bring her a box of flies?

Maybe the solution is to generate more sawdust! If the webs are clogged up with sawdust, makes it tough for them to catch food!:widea:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I've only seen a few (less than 5) spiders in the shop, but I have strands of web almost everywhere. Last time I tried to smush one a bunch of little ones came out.

J

jeff...

I dont worry bout them.:nah: I read somewhere that the black widdow only kills her mate and only then after the deal is done.:swoon: so long as you dont mate with her you are safe!:rotflm:

Fred is right I could say a few things but I promised Cathy I would be nice

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Personally, I would rather have five SNAKES on me than one spider!! I figure I can see the snakes, I am very UN-fond of eight legged creatures:help::help:

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
I have spider webs all over the ceilings and was ready to spray them until I saw how many mosquitoes were caught in them.I had rather have the spiders than mosquitoes.Tony

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
The LOML usually hates spiders, but when a huge garden spider spun a web by my back door her and the girls started calling it Charlotte and it has resided there for at least a month now. My eight year old daughter catches flies, plucks the wings off, and puts them on the web for the spider. I wish I could some kind of attention around here, other than "Daddy could you fix this ?".:nah:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I do not mind spiders - skeeters and snakes now those I hate - can't stand them - but thanks for the reminder that they are still hanging around

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
My eight year old daughter catches flies, plucks the wings off, and puts them on the web for the spider. I wish I could some kind of attention around here, other than "Daddy could you fix this ?".:nah:

I would much rather hear daddy fix this then have my wings plicked. :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors