New Shop 95% Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWSmith

New User
David
Started moving on 10/15 and took the last load on 10/26. I thought it would never end. As I moved things in, I tried to set things up as I went along but ran out of time. Oneida was a little slow in sending out DC parts so that slowed me up a little more but the last pieces arrived yesterday and I now have a working DC again.

DSC_0146.JPG

View image in gallery

One good point about the new location, the DC is in a separate room and the noise level has been lessened dramatically. I can still roll

the dust barrel out to the dumpster but it is a little farther than what I had before.

I still need to square the saw and get it leveled.

As it stands I am about 95% complete with just a few minor tweaks and changes that have to be made before I am fully set up. But I can get back to work now and handle the remaining details as I can get to them

Bryan S

Bryan
Excellent progress. :eusa_danc I know you have to be ready to get back to making dust, which in your case means making some cash too. Your helper looks ready to get settled in too.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Nice looking space.

The setup looks about the same as the old shop, just a little cleaner. Shorter ceiling height as well.

pviser

New User
paul
Great set-up. The air ducts are neat and tidy. Lots of space. I know that you will enjoy it.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Looks great! Of course, a shop NEVER moves beyond 95% complete. There is always something to change.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Looking great David. That lower ceiling should make it easier to heat, and I love that floor. I think I see a shop crawl in your future. :gar-Bi

Bill

DWSmith

New User
David
Bill,

At one time this building housed a sewing shop that made pillows. The wood floor has been soaked with sewing machine oil and has a nice patina from the oil and years of dirt. The cracks and seams make it virtually impossible to sweep so I have made a connection to the DC for a vacuum hose. Every once in a while I spot a shiny object in the cracks which always turns out to be a sewing machine spacer.

The lower ceilings will make a difference in the heating and I can already tell a huge difference so far with how little the heater has to run and how warm the shop seems to stay. For the first five days here I had no heat but the shop was tolerable. I may add a kerosene heater later on because I know what kind of bills Piedmont Natural Gas can deliver.

One other benefit, I have three phase power available so I can start shopping for bigger and more powerful equipment. Had I known of this move earlier, I would have ordered the DC in three phase since there was a three phase outlet where it now lives that had to be altered to single phase.

Shop crawl or not, I will always welcome visitors from the NCWW.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great looking shop. Looks even better then the last one. Sometimes things happen for a reason.

DWSmith

New User
David
Looks great, and fast transition too!:icon_thum

Fast? Thank you! In the last 20 days I have had two afternoons off and the days were 7 am to sometimes 7pm with the set=up. As anyone knows who has set up a shop, the work never seems to end and there is always something else to do. I still have a ways to go but the bulk of the work is behind me. The one thing I really want to completre in the DirecTV dish set up. I miss the music.

Today is a forced day off and I plan to make the best of it by doing nothing. Except watch some football, go Clemson, eat and play on the computer. I can't get Road Runner 4G service in the shop and Time-Warners 3G is pitifully slow so I am trying out Verizons 4G LTE to see if it is any better. I will know Monday when I get back to the shop for a try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS