• Location pin on map

Votes: 43 66.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I have waited to hear everyone's comments and personally I had never considered my name, town and county as a problem but it is something to think about. I also look to see who is in my area. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Where do I remember hearing that if some one has your name and town they can go on the computer and get a map to your home? Think about that. Scary.
However, lets not become some paranoid that we lose what we have established with this site.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Lorraine, that is very true, in many cases. I was just able to pull up an arial view of your house on the Warren Co. GIS system. Your name and county is all it takes. That has been a matter of public record for a long time, the internet just makes it easier.
Dave:)

MikeH

New User
Mike
I have waited to hear everyone's comments and personally I had never considered my name, town and county as a problem but it is something to think about. I also look to see who is in my area. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Where do I remember hearing that if some one has your name and town they can go on the computer and get a map to your home? Think about that. Scary.
However, lets not become some paranoid that we lose what we have established with this site.

I agree with Lorraine. We have a great thing going here. There are plenty of things that can be found out about a person in public records or by google. There are also an unending number of arguments that can be made for and against providing such information. I personally don't mind providing the information.

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
I know that there is a lot of concern about identity thief but, I guess I look at it like all of the locks I place on all of my job sites. They are to keep the honest people out.

sapwood

New User
Roger
I'm going for city and state. Guess I should have checked map pin too. Frappr isn't that accurate anyway :roll: I didn't vote for county as that is easy enough to find if you know city. Besides, I was one of the folks who thought Gofor's name was Wayne :slap:

Roger

DavidF

New User
David
I would have to for city AND state because I don't know where anywhere is yet!! Map pin is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors