Status
Not open for further replies.

Richarda

New User
Richard
Hello every one. I am new to your site and it looks like a very nice site. I am located down in the Fairmont area and don’t seem to be close to anyone here.

My interest is in woodturning at the current time and I would like to learn segmented turning in the future.

I have been out of woodworking for about 20 years and am in the process of setting up a new home shop.

Thanks for letting me join and I may have a lot questions in the future.

Richard

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Welcome aboard Richard. You will really like this site and all of it's fine members. Don't forget to set up a photo album as we all like to see pictures. :eusa_danc

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Richard, thanks for joining and offering your intro. It is our pleasure to have you here. You might want to talk with NZAPP1 about his segmented turnings, they are outstanding. I am just starting to dabble into turning, mainly pens but I have a few bowls under my belt. I recently got a lathe that was a huge upgrade from what I originally had, it's amazing what can be done with the right tool.
I look forward to your input in the forums, hope to see you around!!!

Dave:)

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome Richard! We are glad to have you and questions are always welcome. There is a great wealth of knowledge here!! :)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Another warm welcome Richard!
Look forward to your input and hope you enjoy the site as much as I do :mrgreen:

Roger

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Welcome Richard! No better people to be found for tapping into help and experience. Surely someone here has "been there, done that" and can steer you along.

JethrO77

New User
Brandon
welcome to the site :icon_thum

i am also some what new (Dozer's little son :-D ) but the guys here are realy nice and can help will just about any thing

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Hey Richard, welcome aboard!! You will find this a wonderful place to get information and a good laugh now and then. I couldn't recommend a better site or better people to chat with. We like pictures too, so when you get up and running and have pics post a few here to share!! :lol:

Dusty Sawyer

New User
David
RichardA - welcome and thanks for joining us. There is a good number of turners on the site and lots of resources for equipment and wood blanks and a wealth of knowledge.

Glad to have you aboard!

David

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Hello every one. I am new to your site and it looks like a very nice site. I am located down in the Fairmont area and don’t seem to be close to anyone here.

My interest is in woodturning at the current time and I would like to learn segmented turning in the future.

I have been out of woodworking for about 20 years and am in the process of setting up a new home shop.

Thanks for letting me join and I may have a lot questions in the future.

Richard

Welcome, to the site

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Welcome Richard! You are correct that there aren't that many woodworkers' signed up here that are in your area, but... There are a few. Check out the Frapper map to get an idea of who may be close to you. I recall a few others in the area. There are several of us in the Fayetteville area. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your turnings as you build out your shop!

sawman

New User
Albert
Welcome Richard, you will enjoy this site, both for the wealth of knowledge and the humor found in the crowd.

:saw:

Richarda

New User
Richard
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Work is very busy right know but I will try to get some pictures posted very soon. I don't have much time right now to do much in the shop but hopfuly in the future I will.

Again thanks for the welcome.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, I'm sure you're going to enjoy the wealth of info that abounds her and you'lll not meet a better bunch of woodworkers.

Dan C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS