new member, workshop, tools, new everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

riderkb

New User
Keith
Hi everyone,

I'm Keith from Farmville, VA. I'm not new to woodworking, but my workshop burned to the ground in January, so I'm starting from scratch. It took all summer to get the new shop built (25x41 feet) and stocked with tools, but it is up and running now.
My short-term plans include making a lot of workbenches, cabinets, and other shop-furniture. In the more distant future, I have plans to make chairs and a Welsh dresser.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Keith. Glad you stopped in. I am sorry to hear about your fire but glad you are back in business.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Hi Keith - glad to have you with us- sorry about your shop but glad that you where able to get another one up and running - looking forward to seeing your input to the forums and some pictures of your work

kmcardle

New User
Kevin
Hi Keith - Glad you have joined us. I too am sorry to hear about the fire, but really glad you could rebuild. Have fun with the new projects. I'd love to see a picture of your shop.

Kevin

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hello Keith and welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about the fire but glad you've rebuilt and restocked.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Man, sorry to hear about the fire. Sounds like you're recovering well though! Can't wait to see pictures of the new shop/tools/projects. Welcome to NCWW!

Glennbear

Glenn
Welcome Keith, I am sorry to hear about your fire :confused_ I am glad you got the shop rebuilt and is always nice to see another Virginian here. :wsmile:

bwat

New User
Bill
Welcome, glad you are here. Look forward to sharing in the rebuild - we love shop, tool and project pics:icon_thum

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome Keith. I'm glad you've made a good thing out of a bad thing with your shop fire. This is a wonderful group of folks, so feel free to jump right in. :icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Keith!

I too am sorry for the loss of your shop. On the bright side. You get to buy new tools and redo a new shop taking into account new things that didn't have in the old one!:icon_thum

Make some sawdust and show us some of your work here at the site.

Post often and have fun!

Wayne

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Keith, welcome! I can't think of anything worse than a fire in your house or shop, getting everything new must be bittersweet. I think someone mentioned pictures, right? :)

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the finest sawdust pile in the world, Keith. We're happy you are here and look forward to hearing more about your woodworking loves. We're also sorry to hear of your tragic fire -- it happened to another member in our fold and destroyed almost everything -- he has purchased new tools and rebuilt as well and is now nearly finished. Share some pictures if you can -- we'd all be interested in how you've done things after such an event so we all can benefit from your experience.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I'm new here to Keith, but I want to say welcome to. There is one thing worse than a fire--divorce. Can't get no danged insurance for that loss...house...shop...favorite chair, but on the bright side, got to keep my pickup and dog!!!!

riderkb

New User
Keith
Thanks for the warm welcome. I promise to post some pictures soon. This is one that was taken in the early summer. It is all done now and outfitted with two new tools that I'd like to review after I get to use them a little more -- a Grizzly G0514X2 19" bandsaw and a G0633 12" jointer/planer.

Picture016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS