New Member - Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burt

New User
Burt
Just a quick note to say hi and pass on a little info about myself.

I grew up in the North Wilkesboro area, joined the Air Force after high school and spent 22 years in the USAF. I currently live in Sumter South Carolina. Some where along the way while I was in the Air Force, I began doing wood working as a hobby. About 15 years ago, I opened my own shop doing custom furniture and kitchen cabinets. I haven't made a lot of money but I sure enjoy woodworking.

Burt

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Burt, I am glad you joined us, and thanks for the intro. It sounds like you are doing what many of us dream of, except the lack of money part..I want to be a rich furniture maker :lol: :lol: :lol: I would love to see some of your work. If you have any pictures please post them. I look forward to seeing you around!!!

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to site, Burt! I am sure that with all of your experience, you will be able to provide some pointers to us newbies out here!

Have fun and post often. (I too would love to see some of your work!)

Wayne

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to our little gang of sawdust makers! Glad you joined us. I look forward to seeing pictures of your work (we LOVE pictures).

M

McRabbet

Burt -- I read your great advice on the EZ Smart System post and immediately knew that you'd be a great member for the forum -- welcome aboard. I've dabbled in custom cabinetry, too, but on a small scale out of my retirement workshop (800 sq ft). As many have already said, we'd love to see some pictures, but not one of them was kind enough to suggest that you need to request a photo gallery first! You'll find the link on the left side of your home page -- click on it and one of the site staff will set up your gallery for you. There are good write-ups in the FAQ Forum on how to upload pics to a gallery or for embedding them in your posts.

Welcome aboard!

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Burt, welcome aboard and thanks for the 22 years of service you provided this great nation of ours. I look forward to reading more of your input like the comments on the EZ Smart system and shop building comments.

D L

Burt

New User
Burt
Thanks for yours and all the other nice comments. I'll have to round up a few photo's and see if I can figure out to post them.

You mentioned the EZ Smart equipment. I've had the privilege of working with Dino on the development of a couple items. Right now, I'm working on a new routing center for use with the EZ equipment.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Burt,

Welcome. I sure hope you jusmp right in and start posting. With all those years of furniture and cabinet work, you'll be a huge help to hacks like me. I look forward to seeing some of your work

Ray

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Welcome Burt ... already enjoying your response in another thread about the EZ system and looking for to more posts from you.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Welcome to the site! And let me add personal thanks to your 22 years of service to this great nation. I look forward to seeing some of your pictures.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hello Burt;

I just want to say welcome to the site. Hope to see pix of some of your work soon. Let me add another round of thanks for your service to our country!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors