New Classified is Staying New

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I browse N.C.WW by using the new post search function. The ad about the Belsaw Planer/Molder/Saw keeps coming up as new. Even though I've viewed it half a dozen times already.

It's not a big deal, just an oddity I found.

Sully

New User
jay
I'm seeing the same thing.

J

PS: If you buy the planer I'll take down the ad so you don't have to see it anymore. :rotflm:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I wish I could, but the wife has taken my debit card and removed me from the checking account.....

Ok, so not really, but the threat of sleeping in the doghouse was enough!!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's interesting. I deleted two of those adds last night as they were duplicates.
We'll have to look into this.
Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yep, I am getting the same thing. All other Ads are showing as viewed once viewed but this one isn't. That's one heck of a marketing techinque...persistance pays :cool:

Sully

New User
jay
Yep, I am getting the same thing. All other Ads are showing as viewed once viewed but this one isn't. That's one heck of a marketing techinque...persistance pays :cool:

Muhahahahah

Actually I have no idea how that happened.....
J

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I browse N.C.WW by using the new post search function. The ad about the Belsaw Planer/Molder/Saw keeps coming up as new. Even though I've viewed it half a dozen times already.

It's not a big deal, just an oddity I found.
Philip, can you see if the problem still exists? I think I fixed it, but independent confirmation is best.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
It's not there for me, but then I have recently taken to making sure that I mark "all posts read" before I leave for the day. These 14 hour days are really taking a toll on my reading! Wonder if doing that changes anything? Because I have only seen the post as new, once. I did see where someone had deleted multiple copies of the ad yesterday morning (?), but haven't seen it today?

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I don't know what the difference is, but by using the "Mark All Forums Read" option it went away.

Thanks Pete!!!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I don't know what the difference is, but by using the "Mark All Forums Read" option it went away.

Thanks Pete!!!
Sorry, I forgot to mention you actually have to read the post one more time for the system to know you've seen it (or use the "Mark all posts" read feature Pete described - much easier!). I'm hoping this is permanently fixed, but don't forget to post back here if it resurfaces.

sapwood

New User
Roger
I'm still seeing Sully's Ad as a New Post no matter how many times I view it :dontknow:

I haven't used "Mark All Forums Read". Ironically, Sully's is the only one . . . perhaps that's a sign I should buy it :icon_scra

Roger

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Roger, I rebuilt the forums, try viewing the ad again and see if it disappears from the New Posts listing.

But you're right, maybe you should just buy it :)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Roger, I rebuilt the forums, try viewing the ad again and see if it disappears from the New Posts listing.

But you're right, maybe you should just buy it :)

Still there, Bas.:icon_scra:dontknow:

Two versions of the post are in a "Manage state" and the ad still pops up as new and I have read it about 10 times. And no........I'm really not in the market!

BTW .....You guys have done a fantastic job with the classifieds!:eusa_danc

Wayne

sapwood

New User
Roger
Yep, it's still there and I'm getting used to it :mrgreen:
In fact, I'm no longer tempted.

Good luck :icon_thum
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor