New Bench - porch, not work :-))

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Finally got this finished and on the front porch :eusa_danc

The story is that I assembled it in my basement without checking to see if it would fit through the door. :eusa_doh:Well, it just made it after a bit of juggling and removing the door :icon_thum

pete

Attachments

• Bench.pdf
    62.6 KB · Views: 186

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice Pete! The clean look of the curved back certainly makes it standout. :eusa_clap

And you aren't the only one who has failed to plan ahead sizewise. Many years ago I built a laundry cabinet for LOML that I couldn't get into the house. :lol: Finally had to remove the cabinet top, squeeze it in, then replace the top :BangHead:

Sapwood

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Pete,

Very nice bench.

I remember my father making a few things that had to be disassembled before they could leave the basement shop. Since my shop is in the garage, I don't have that problem... I prefer to make things that won't fit into the planned transport vehicle. :oops::oops::oops:

Ray

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Pete, after looking at the pic I can see why you may have had problems...that's a pretty fair sized bench you got there.

I love the look...every time LOML thinks about it she tells me, "why don't you make us some pretty outside furniture?"

Shhhh...I can't let her see the pic.

Just looking at the bench, it looks like one of those deals where you don't wanna get back up once you settle into it! Very nice.

Chuck

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Thanks for the kind words :)

It's not the easiest way to build one but what I like is that the legs and back stretcher are 1 1/4" thick. The stretcher is joined to the back legs with wedged M&T's and the front legs to the arms with sliding dovetails.

You do settle back into it. I'm a pretty laid back kinda guy:icon_thum

pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS