New backgound for my photo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
I got a new background for my photo's today and had to try it out. The first bowl is from the same slab I posted a bowl from a while back. It is turned end grain and finished with deft. The second is a vase turned from curly maple and also finished with deft. These go to the shop that is selling my bowls tomorrow. They've sold very well the last two weeks during our leaf season tourist rush. They sold one over the weekend for more than I thought any of my work would ever sell for.
Thanks,
Jack
IMG_0955.jpg
IMG_0950.jpg

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Great Looking Turnings... Where did you get the background from. I like it.. How did you light it. Is this in a tent or just sitting on the background?

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Thanks everyone. Kevin, here is some info that should answer your questions.
I am still learning how to better take my pictures. I have a 36"x 36" photo cube that I use with lights positioned to shine through one of both sides. The lights are daylight color curly type I got at lowes for $10.00 and put them in the cheap aluminum reflectors that can be clamped on something. I got them at lowes as well. I just got the back ground and I think it helps. I now have to start playing around with my camera settings more. I don't use the flash on any of my pictures. This makes the shutter speed so slow that a tripod is absolutely necessary. Here is a link to the background I used on the last to pictures. I have the #39 background right now.
http://www.phototechinc.com/graduate.htm
This is a link to a thread on another site that might help. Ron is a pro photographer and his post can help a lot.
http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthr...fpart=all&vc=1
Good Luck,
Jack

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Thanks Jack I will take a look at both those links. I have an inexpensive point and shoot with limited options one of these days I will pick up an Digital SLR.

02blues

New User
john
amazing bowls. i'll bet you hate to see them go.
the photography is top notch too.
:icon_thum

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Thanks again for the compliments everyone. Michael, I'm using a Canon's EOS Rebel XSi to take my pictures. I am still learning how to best use the settings on it for use with my light tent and lights.
Thanks
Jack

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Good on you, Jack! :eusa_clap Congrats on the sales! I never knew a teacher in NC who made too much money, and I've been married to one for 45 years! Hope they continue to sell well!

NOW, get ready for spring turkey season!!

:wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS