Near the End

Status
Not open for further replies.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
As I get near the end of a chair order with African Mahogany seats, I marvel at the appearance from differrent angles and different light.
Just take a look.

Maybe more pics later-------I forgot to compress part of them:slap:

Jerry

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Beautiful Jerry, so identical, but so unique in the grain pattern of the wood. I would love to have some chairs like that in my kitchen. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Beautiful chairs Jerry, I love the chatoyance in Mahogany (good stuff). Sapele also has some nice shimmer to it and it is a lot cheaper.
Keep up the good work!!!!!!!

Mike

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Jerry.

That is truly some awesome work. Makes me want to go out in the shop and make something. Are the back frames laminated or steam bent?

Dino

M

McRabbet

Ribbon cut African Mahogany is truly beautiful wood -- it is what I used in the Wine Cellar Project on this year's calendar and I still marvel at the beautiful grain reflectance (chatoyance) it exhibits. It is really mesmerizing. I'd be curious as to your source and price per Bd Ft.

Rob

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Beautiful work, Jerry. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I really like the chatoyance and color variation.

I am envious of your artistic talent.

Chuck

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Jerry.

That is truly some awesome work. Makes me want to go out in the shop and make something. Are the back frames laminated or steam bent?

Dino

Dino--------The loop in the back is steamed and bent around a form. It is a time when you hold your breath until the last wedge is in place, you do not get 100% success in bending process. Sometimes they break:crybaby2:

Jerry

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Ribbon cut African Mahogany is truly beautiful wood -- it is what I used in the Wine Cellar Project on this year's calendar and I still marvel at the beautiful grain reflectance (chatoyance) it exhibits. It is really mesmerizing. I'd be curious as to your source and price per Bd Ft.

Rob

Rob--------I bought that mahogany from McEwen in High Point. It was 3.65 a bd ft back in Sept. 06. I also bought walnut at the same time and it was nearly 6.00 bd ft. Both were 8/4 stock.

Jerry

sapwood

New User
Roger
Jerry, the chairs are too beautiful to sit in. Just mount them on a stand for viewing. :icon_thum

Roger

sawman

New User
Albert
Jerry, those chairs are beautiful, I need to try steam bending, read alot about it but have yet to try it.

Albert :saw:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors