NCwoodworker designed end tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks to all for the advice/guidance on the design of my Sycamore and Walnut end tables. I took most of the suggestions that were offered and I really think that the tables benefited from them. The legs were tapered, a shelf added, aprons narrowed, and the top edges beveled. I am applying the finish and have a good bit more to apply, but I couldn't wait to show y'all what you've created. The tops aren't attached yet, and might be a bit crooked in the pics. The finish is Waterlox Original S&F. I found on my finish tests that the shellac gave me nothing more than the Waterlox did. I will apply about 6 coats and then paste wax everything.

End_tables_027.jpg

And a shot of one of the tops to show some of the QS figure.
End_tables_032.jpg

Thanks for lookin' :icon_thum
Dave:)

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Great looking tables Dave. I'm just starting on a shaker end table. I may "borrow" the breadboard idea :-D .

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Table look wonderful, Dave!!!!:eusa_danc

The wood selection is superb! Contrasting wood really provides a very classy look.

Very well done!

Wayne

clowman

Clay Lowman
Excellent Dave! I really like the way you did that top. I can't wait to see the finish on them. :icon_thum:icon_thum

MikeH

New User
Mike
Dave those look AWESOME. I love the colors and the finish. Great job!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Very pretty, Dave! I really like the design features you encorporated and imo the best one was the shaping of the legs.

Cheers!
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS