Corporate Member
gen_154.1.gif

Bi-annual Regional Symposium
October 23rd - 25th 2009
Greensboro Complex Greensboro, North Carolina Coliseum

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
I got my fingers crossed,cause its gonna be close as we are heading back to FL either sun or mon. :dontknow:

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
I've been registered for a few weeks. I'm looking forward to it. Lots of world class turners will be there.:icon_cheers

flywelder

New User
David
Yes I 'll try and attend! This will be my first visit, as I had no prior knowledge of this event. What can I see and learn in a day there?, will there be a car pool?
Flywelder

John Jankowski

John
Corporate Member
What you can learn from some of the top turners in the world? Just about anything you want (but could not even imagine.)

This venue is even better than an AAW national meeting because you have some of the top turners in the world but you can see so much more because there are less attendees so you can be closer. At some of the talks at last year's AAW in Richmond it was standing room only.

I took Friday off so I will be there all three days.

John

kjpage7

New User
Kenneth
Does the symposium allow the public to visit as in a walk in or do you have to pre register to have admission or do they have it at the door. I'm new to this so I was wondering? I wanted to attend so I got to get the facts straight.

John Jankowski

John
Corporate Member
The gallery is usually open to the public but you need to be registered to enter the presentations and vendor room.

John

kjpage7

New User
Kenneth
Ok, I was just wondering because I am hoping everything works out with me on being able to go. I just started working for a wood vendor selling bowl blanks, spindles, etc. and am getting into the turning world so it will be my first time attending something like this. How is it and what is it all about?

M

McRabbet

Kenneth,

Check out the Home Page for the Carolinas Woodturning Symposium (a federation of several AAW Woodturning clubs across the State) that is sponsoring the Symposium for all the details about the conference, including what is going on each day, registration (including one-day passes) and local information. NCWoodworker will have a booth in the Vendor area -- stop by and say hello if you come -- ScottM and I will be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Looks like I'm in for the Saturday, assuming I can still get a ticket at the door.

For those going, but not for classes, in the PAST you could visit the gallery and the vendor area for free. I assume that's the case now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS