My new wood turner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Well, my son and I have been spending some real time in the shop, he likes using a lathe to make pens. I decided to make him a display box to put his pens in, and he decided to fill the thing with pens, so together we came up with a real neat package. These are the only pens my son has done with the exception of maybe five or six here and there in the past. He loves this, and I guess he's fallen down the slippery slope to the dark side.... For his first run at making stuff, I'd say he's done pretty darn good. He even convinced me to buy him some exotic wood to use, so he can really show off his ability.

2008_0922Image0007.JPG

2008_0923Image0001.JPG

Bigger photos are in my gallery, the thumbnails don't do it justice.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Awesome Phillip. My son "02ranger" and I enjoy our time in the shop together. His latest pen will be in the 2009 Calendar. It is very rewarding to share the shop with your son!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap By the way, his pens look great.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Father and son in the shop, dont get much better then that :eusa_danc

Get him the good wood and keep his interest up

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Well, talk to your wife about it and maybe in 15 years or so you will have a shop helper too! :rotflm:

Looks like he already has the most precious shop helper that anyone could want. :thumbs_up:icon_thum

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
I showed the thread to my son just now, and he's beaming from ear to ear. I think he's about as proud of being on here among such a fine group of folks looking at his work as he is of the work itself.
:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi

You can sure know I'm proud of him. He's a real good kid, and his skill is sharpening every time he picks up a tool.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
That is some fine turning Phillip. :icon_thum The display box is very nice as well. That has to be very rewarding to pass on this art to others, whether they are your children, grand children, or just friends. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

J

jeff...

That is some fine turning Phillip. :icon_thum The display box is very nice as well. That has to be very rewarding to pass on this art to others, whether they are your children, grand children, or just friends. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Trent SNAP OUT OF IT :slap:

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Phillip, nice looking display box and your son's pen look really nice also. It is great that you and your son are working together in the shop will. Many years from now he will look back on this time with good memories. I believe a lot of problems with kids these days could be solved with more parental involvement. Good for you.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Great looking son you got there. He turns some very nice pen's as well. My son is only 5 and has been with me as I built my shop behind my house every step of the way. I can only hope he takes an interest in turning as your son has.
Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS