My NCWW friends and DQ designation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pviser

New User
paul
I am a 53 year-old physician with a busy office/hospital practice in Clinton. I am putting two kids through college and life is hectic at times. Woodworking is a refuge for me. Since childhood, I have enjoyed radio-controlled model airplanes and woodworking. I still do both. Currently, I am wrapping up an 18-month shop upgrade: cabinet saw, huge 8' X 9' outfeed table with phenolic top, drum sander, 5 HP dust system, and a Byrd-Shelix helical head retrofit for my ancient generic 15" planer. As is probably true for many of you, it's largely about the journey. I try to learn something on every project. Things that were acceptable to me several years ago would embarrass me now.

My goal now is to avoid the temptation to get into turning, at least for a few more years. I know that if -- or when -- I cross the line and purchase a lathe, I will have opened the door to a whole new bottomless pit of spending! Instead, I will focus on cranking out a few more projects with the stuff already in place.

I enjoy my colleagues at NCWW and I have learned boatloads from your collective wisdom and experience.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Paul....should I nominate you for the next host of the GWL? (good will lathe).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors