My First Jr. Gent

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Here's my first attempt at the Jr. Gentlemen. It's buckeye burl and the kit is from CS. I used four coats of CA. It was a pretty straight forward kit, but man is that tube huge. The kit is rather expensive, but if it sells, then I'll keep 'em coming :-D.

buckeye_jrgent.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very nice Bob, gotta love that burl :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum I would love to make some Jr. Gents, but the kit cost is prohibitive to me. In the meanwhile, until I can make some money selling the pens, I really like the Baron it looks an awful lot like the Jr. Gent.
Dave:)

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Dave, just promise me one thing. At the BBQ you'll take 5 minutes to give the the short skinny on pen turning, kits, etc. NO, I'm really not interested in getting into it, (too many vices already) but I would like to understand the jargon and "kit" lingo so I can keep up with you guys online. Thanx.

toolman

New User
Chad
Very nice pen Bob. Your first attempt on the Jr. Gentlemen, Turned out.
A OK!!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave, just promise me one thing. At the BBQ you'll take 5 minutes to give the the short skinny on pen turning, kits, etc. NO, I'm really not interested in getting into it, (too many vices already) but I would like to understand the jargon and "kit" lingo so I can keep up with you guys online. Thanx.

No problem, but it will probably take a bit more than 5 minutes. Heck, I can even bring some stuff and do a little pen turning demo. If Mike Davis monster lathe has a #2 MT head stock :eusa_thin
Dave:)

jimwill48

James
Nice pen. :eusa_clap.. I love the Jr Gent style also the Baron and Sedona...If you think those tubes are big wait till you try a full size Gent... that sucker is huge :eusa_whis

James

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Beautiful pen!
If you think the Jr Gent is huge you should see the full sized Gent.
The CB on the full sized Gent measures .68 at the widest part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors