My displays for show - today 9/30 in Carrboro

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
HPIM3579.jpg

I need to turn those blanks on the right into flutes/fifes and I have a few more in progress that will be ready. I will have a table and hope to be under cover (they have some covered on a first come basis and I plan to be there early). I have my business cards and receipt book (cash and check only for my first show; there will be an ATM nearby) and that is pretty much it. It's only for one afternoon, so I think that will be enough stock. If it isn't, I will be anything but unhappy. :)

Last edited:

CarvedTones

Andy
Re: My displays for show

I forgot - I also have a couple of acrylic page displays for prices and info.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member

Andy, Those look great. You should do well

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member

Andy,

Congratulations on getting to this milestone and best of luck at the show.

bobby g

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member

Andy, You have gotten a lot accomplished since your shop visitors. Everything looks good. Good luck at the show.
Charlie

Rick M

New User
Rick

Those are great looking whistles. I have the show on my calendar but probably won't be able to make it. Good luck!

MagGeorge

New User
George

Good luck with the show. You have fantastic pieces. I do not see any reason why your show would not be a blast.

CarvedTones

Andy

The long tubes in the first picture yielded 10 Bb fifes. I have a rather plain 2 piece low D flute that I am finishing up to display and over 30 instruments to sell. I have my descriptions and price list in the acrylic displays. I am going back and forth on what table to use. I don't want to use the largest I have as it would seem empty.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

This is likely what I will do:

View attachment 5797

Go to Wally World and pick up a black twin size sheet. It is under $5.00. Makes a great table cloth and will dress up your display and hide the boxes etc under the table. People like a neat professional looking display and the more they like the more they buy.

CarvedTones

Andy

Go to Wally World and pick up a black twin size sheet. It is under $5.00. Makes a great table cloth and will dress up your display and hide the boxes etc under the table. People like a neat professional looking display and the more they like the more they buy.

I will be using a light blue one (I know where Carrboro is :) ) but still have to give you kudos for suggesting it. It does make it look nicer. Should have pictures tonight after show today.

CarvedTones

Andy

and now it is a cry in your beverage of choice thread...

I chose a bad venue, though it was cheap (maybe now I know why) and it was good to walk through the motions. The main reason I say it was bad is that there were very few items > $20 sold by any vendor. Right next to me there was a line all day for face painting, but kids tables, chairs, lamps, etc all painted in bright colors that parents admired didn't sell. I had a lot of people look and ask a question or two and never even pick one up. I only had 2 flutists all day. Both of them played a couple of my flutes and seemed to like them, took cards and talked about contacting me for custom larger flutes, so who knows? The festival was well attended but was primarily a free music event; a lot of people never even looked at what was for sale. I did have a few people take cards. Most people admired my stuff and it seemed genuine.

On the plus side, my youngest daughter went with me and we had a great one on one day watching the bands (which were pretty good) and playing whistles and flutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS