My daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. Hope the prognosis is very good.....

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
She we most certaintly get some prayers from this home......take care of yourself

M

McRabbet

It has been a long day and her surgery was more than the doctor expected -- rather than just removing the left lobe, he discovered more issues on the right side so he proceeded to remove the entire thyroid in a six hour operation (we had discussed this option if the need arose). Because of her smoking history, chonic asthma and sleep apnea, she will stay in the critical care unit with a breathing tube in place overnight to insure she stays ventilated. She will face radioactive iodine treatment following her healing and lifelong synthyroid medication. I finally got to see her about 9:00 PM and she was still pretty well sedated so she didn't know I was there. It was an eleven hour day, but she came thru as well as can be expected...

Thanks for everyone's kind words on her behalf; believe me, we appreciate every comment.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Glad to hear she's out of surgery and recuperating, Rob. Our prayers are with her and your family.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Rob, please forgive me for the late reply. I'm glad that she is out of surgery and I will be praying for you all. Stay strong buddy.

Trent

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Glad she seems to have come through well. If you need something, let me know - I am just down the road a ways in Fuquay.

FWIW, my sister had thyroid cancer a couple years ago and went through the same treatment. The iodine treatment was easy but being away from her kids for a couple days was the hardest part.

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS