New User
Matt
My first meeting resulted in a small haul of old iron:

-Stanley 78 Rabbet Plane
-Stanley #5 1/2 Plane
-Stanley Standard Angle 9 1/2 block plane

Plan to do restorations on them

Old_Iron11.JPG

Started with the block plane and already making shavings!

Old_Iron_Cuts1.JPG

Great fun yesterday! Only set me back $40 bucks!

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Woohoo looks like someones having fun.

Very nice! I am especially jealous of the 5 & 1/2. What a great compromise size!

Sweet!!!!

You're off to a great start with those three. Hard to beat the price too. :icon_thum

Great find and at a great price.Tony

Having a blast, studying tools, learning to use, now refurbishing, as well as producing items from.
Also finding the deals, makes it easier to do all aforementioned!

Thanks for the kind words of [STRIKE]enablement[/STRIKE] encouragement!

jarrett

New User
Jarrett
Wow, what a bargain. I am regretting that I had to work this weekend--work always seems to go crazy when some wood event comes up. Oh well, next year.

Who else got some loot?

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Matt,
Nice! I didn't know who you were at lunch Saturday! Sorry I didn't introduce myself. Did those come from the tailgate area or the auction?

I grabbed a decent 71 1/2 router with a full set of cutters for $30 at one of the tables and some files from Ed's junk sale in the barn for $.50.

Next M-WTCA meeting is at Bethania (Winston-Salem area) November 7th. Very neat place to visit and the best Chicken Pie you'll ever eat is included!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice haul, Matt!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Looking forward to seeing the restored versions.

Wayne

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Wow, what a bargain. I am regretting that I had to work this weekend--work always seems to go crazy when some wood event comes up. Oh well, next year.

Who else got some loot?

Matt,
Nice! I didn't know who you were at lunch Saturday! Sorry I didn't introduce myself. Did those come from the tailgate area or the auction?

I grabbed a decent 71 1/2 router with a full set of cutters for $30 at one of the tables and some files from Ed's junk sale in the barn for $.50.

Next M-WTCA meeting is at Bethania (Winston-Salem area) November 7th. Very neat place to visit and the best Chicken Pie you'll ever eat is included!

Nice haul, Matt!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Looking forward to seeing the restored versions.

Wayne

Jarret, see Tarheads post, there's another coming up in area!
Tar, thanks, but let's see the pics!
Wayne: I've posted a Stanley 9 1/2 restore update!

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS