MWTCA Meeting in Raleigh July 24th

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Rob, what you did in memory of Randy touched my heart. It says so much about you and his close friends. I still get chocked up when I think about it.

As to the "buying stuff" part, I did score a few things and my dog asked that I give him credit where credit is due. The green belt sander is something else, but all the rusty metal was my haul :)

IMG_09541.JPG

View image in gallery

Tony is surveying his new toys with wizened grace and elegance (something I lack!).

It was a stunning event and I had a blast! Thanks to Ed for all he's done for the WMTCA!

I'm ready for Hillsborough and next July already!!

Jim

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
+1 on ScottM's comments. Ed, thank you very much for opening up your farm for use to attend. Your collection of foot powered machinery is incredible!

Rob - you have my respect and admiration for the effort that you have put forth in completing Randy's work! Beautiful job on the case, and kudo's to you for taking the time to complete and display it.

I picked up a few items that have been on the "want" list for a while; namely a boadaxe (in case I ever need to manufacture new repair parts for my log cabin tobacco barns), a bark peeler (for the same purpose), and a fold-up log scale.

Many thanks also to Mark (DIYGUY) who told me about the event and arranged for my registration.

For our NCWW members that have not attended one of these events, I would encourage you to the next time that it comes around.

Scott

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Rob, I saw the display of Randy's collection Saturday. The collection itself was very impressive, but the display case you completed was a work of art. Unfortunately, I never met Randy, but I'm sure he would be very proud and appreciative. :thumbs_up

Bill

hobbsed

New User
Ed
Scott,

Thanks very much for the kind words and also want to thank all those that attended.

M-WTCA is much more than a group of tool collectors in the mid west as those that attended likely found out. With local flavor provided by what we call Area meetings, those attending have an opportunity to fellowship with others that share an interest in antique/traditional tools, buy/sell user grade as well as collectable tools at very reasonalble prices and learn more about woodworking, tools and yes, "old stuff."

We hold a total of 4 meetings per year in NC, Bethania (W/S), Hillsborough and Waxhaw(Charlotte). As a member, you will get regular notices of these, a great publication and notices of other meetings as well. Go to www.mwtca.org to lean more or let me know.

Thanks again to all.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS