Mounting tankless water heater to a vinyl sided building

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Re: Mounting stuff to a vinyl sided building

I was going to suggest you call your county or local planning and inspection dept. to find out what is code. Looks like you put in on top of the siding?

What did the unit cost, if you don't mind sharing.

The heater was $1164. I now see that it is available on Amazon for $1044.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member

Personally, I like all the water force I can get by mixing hot and cold. And I do think the dishwasher's coil has to work harder and draw more power for colder water. JMTCW

We seem to have plenty of water pressure with the shower turned all the way to the hot side.

We only need to run the dishwasher about once or twice a week. I would think the power used by the dishwasher to heat it's own water has to be less than having the water heater always heating the water hotter than we need for everything else.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

ADA applications dictate that water heaters be set no greater than120 degrees with the exception of dedicated food prep & dish washing areas. Residential heaters are recommended to be set no higher than 120 because of the potential of infant/child scalding. Some faucet manufacturers are now making units with automatic tempering valves in the mixer to prevent that from happening. Worth looking into. Set your water heater at what you prefer. The philosophy behind the higher temp is more reserve for long showers, etc. as it does need to be mixed with cold, and the lower setting would be less heat loss from the tank, but I suspect the cost difference in the 2 temps would be negligible on an average homeowner.
Good looking install, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS