Mountian Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodchuck

New User
Chuck
Here's one I started last night and just finished. Decided to just paint the eyes and use Watco Satin Wax on the rest. What da think?
As always, comments and suggestions welcome. Thanks for looking

Chuck

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Chuck,
You do some fantastic work, and you're quick too ! My MIL carves, and she's good at it, but not as good as you or nearly as quick. For my own info, what is the height and width of the Mountain Man.

Woodchuck

New User
Chuck
Jimmy, He's 6' tall and 2 1/2 " wide. This one is carved on the edge. I take a 2x2" x 6" piece and cut it on the diagonal. That gives me 2 pieces from one block. The face is then carved on the edge of each one, the 2 1/2" wide is the back.

Hope this helps. Chuck

DaveO

New User
DaveO
WOW, outstanding work. Put a beer in his hand and it could be me :gar-La;:gar-La; I really like the natural wood with the painted eyes. He looks mountain weathered :icon_thum

Dave:)

Woodchuck

New User
Chuck
Thanks Michael, I started this one late yesterday afternoon and worked on it last night while watching TV. I finished it this morning. With this one I just painted the eyes but if I had done a full paint it would have taken a little longer. Thanks for asking. Chuck

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
Wow! That is really amazing to do something like that in a couple of days. Have you seen the birdhouses carved like a face with the hole the birds enter being one of the nostrils? They are really cool and they sell for a fortune.

Woodchuck

New User
Chuck
Yes Michael, I've seen those on ebay. I wonder if they are hand carved or produced by a CAD router and the attached to the box. Here are photos of some of the birdhouses and feeders that I used to build and sell. The birdhouse is 42" tall, the box is PVC with cedar shingles. The feeder is 32" tall with a PVC box and cedar shingles. I sold the BH for $445. and the feeder for $275. I don't do them anymore, just too much time involved and too much trouble.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS